Late season spot and stalk pant recommendation?

MHWASH

WKR
Spent the weekend whitetail hunting in the low 20s. I wore a poly baselayer and attack pants. Could use a little more warmth below the belt. What do you suggest? Thicker base layer or warmer pants?

a thicker base layer probably isn’t a terrible idea. grid fleece bottoms are awesome Or peleton 97s.

I own the kuiu axis and like them for late season cold and snow. They have a fleece backer and are warmer than attacks. Sitka option is something like a stratus Which are lightly insulated Soft shell fleece. Very quiet.

ithink anything heavier like a fanatic or FL solitude would get steamy on the move If you cover a lot of ground.

yfarm

WKR
Wrangler fleece lined performance pants or eb fleece lined guide pants. Usually need no base layer if you are moving. If you do, I use a slick surface base so the fabrics slide past easily, silkweight polartech or silk. Fleece on grid or similar binds.

Wrangler fleece lined performance pants or eb fleece lined guide pants. Usually need no base layer if you are moving. If you do, I use a slick surface base so the fabrics slide past easily, silkweight polartech or silk. Fleece on grid or similar binds.

100% this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My favorite late season pant for being on the move is the kuiu axis hybrid. Built in panels on lower legs for snow or frosty grass and panels on the seat for sliding over logs or sitting for a bit. I use them in the mountains of Montana or crusing swamps in wisco. Very versatile

MTtrout

WKR
I have many years of hard use in my timberlines and love them. I have a pair of FL zip off base layer to go with them. It’s makes it so much more enjoyable to add/remove without taking boots off.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
How do the fleece lined pants do if they get wet? I know this is a bit off topic from my post, but the question popped up reading the responses.

Wrangler outdoor pants from Walmart with the first lite zip off bottoms. I also like the under armour pants but for the money, I really like the wrangler pants

SG Dehavilland pant. First year using a pair during CO 2nd season never wore a base layer a couple mornings while sitting and glassing did whip out the down pants but for the most part I was warm without needed anything

yfarm

WKR
Like any fleece I wear, moves moisture out to the surface where it evaporates, if wet through it dries fast. while running in below zero temps, my underlayers would be damp but warm, shell would have frost forming on the outer surface, inner surface would drip water when removed in the house. After the run if working outside at a slower pace the moisture would continue to move out and by the time I went in I was dry underneath.

gethuntin

WKR
SG Dehavilland pant. First year using a pair during CO 2nd season never wore a base layer a couple mornings while sitting and glassing did whip out the down pants but for the most part I was warm without needed anything
Several reviews i have read made it sound like the material is loud on these pants along with there m7 option. Any input on the material, would they be ok for bowhunting spot and stalk?

Matt5266

WKR
I like full length zip off thermal bottoms. Easy to get out of if tempts rise. Then a pant over top like first lite corrugate foundry pants. Also have removable knee pads.