Late Season Cold weather Gear question, also 20% KUIU code

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All I had a cold snowy weather late season clothing question....

Should I get the Kuiu Super down to go under my guide pants with Chugatch rain gear for outer layer? or Go with Sitka Coldfront or Blizzard Pant?

Will the coldfront be warm? or do i need the Blizzard pant? Is the Blizzard pant breathable since I will be hiking?

Much appreciated for the feedback. Good luck to all this year!

Here is a Kuiu 20% off code for anyone that wants one:
KUIU

ethan4895

FNG
Yes the cold front will be cold so your gonna need breathable cold weather clothing for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are going gnarlier then I am thinking/experiencing in cold (northern utah) I was on a cow elk hunt last year and when we hopped on the snowmobiles it was -18 and then hiked a little under a mile. when we shot the elk it was -9. Did eventually warm up to the 20's. I layered with a costco merino wool, sitka traverse, and first lite Unpronounceable. I had gnarly gore mittens on and such, but I have to say I wasn't warm but really not that cold. very impressed with that jacket, and would highly recommend that. When its snowing I put a gore layer on top of all of that.
Not sure if this helps at all. I had back surgery 2 weeks ago (good bye archery season) and the pain killers make me ramble

OP
C

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks HP, I think I am fine for up top and jackets...Just more curious for my legs. I definitely will not be hunting colder than you, but you never know how these Colorado mountain storms are...

Hope your back heals quickly for some later season hunting, good luck and thanks for the comments!