Last Minute Decision

hobbes

WKR
I moved from CO to MT in 2011 after living there 5 years. I've complained ever since then that I should have spent real time chasing mule deer during those five years instead of them just being a side bet while elk hunting. It seems even more foolish now that I've killed a couple spot and stalk muleys with a rifle in MT. Neither have been big, below being the best.

Ive backed out of applying for CO Archery Mule Deer the last two years. Both times I found a practical reason not to go and just stay here in MT. I had myself talked into it this season, but nearly backed out again. However, at the eleventh hour I applied.

Unless something goes wrong with the new system, it should be a done deal since it's a zero point NR tag.

With no elk tag, I'll be sure to run across every bull in the unit within 40 yards, similar to how the muleys did me there whenever I didn't have a muley tag.

Now to plan a short summer scouting trip and visit a few friends.

Ive really got all that I need, but I wonder what new gear do I have a good excuse to buy.

p7bis7.jpg

Last edited:
Most guys, especially me, don’t do well on Big mule deer unless we focus. I’d say you made a wise decision if you really want better than a nice buck; remember that when you see that 320” bull at 45 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back