Labradar and Gamin owners

Weldor

WKR
Can anyone tell after using both that there is a advantage one over the other, besides size? Just curious. I have used the Labradar a few times worked just fine, have not had a chance to use the Garmin yet.

waspocrew

WKR
Garmin all the way. Hated my Labradar- missed shots despite the external recoil trigger and all the other tricks. The app was terrible as well.

The Garmin has ran without a hiccup since day 1.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Had both. Not even close, the garmin is light years ahead. Horse drawn carriage vs a Toyota tundra. They both have wheels and get you from point a to b…other than that they have nothing in common.

axeforce6

WKR
I have the labradar with bluetooth and the garmin. The labradar isn't as easy to set up, but I have had great results with it. I prefer the garmin simply over size and setup alone. I'm probably going to sell my Labradar because I don't use it anymore. If you want to save some cheese get a labradar with bluetooth.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
As mentioned…..no comparison. Garmin removes the “sensitivity” factor with my muzzleloader and certain rifles. Garmin measures every shot, 99% of the time (I have had no misses yet)……Labradar was like 85% rifle and 40% with my ML.

TxLite

WKR
I think the only real comparison would be the new labradar lx.

I haven’t used one but I’d still stick with the Garmin just because labradar should’ve released the LX years ago and missed the boat. My Garmin has been fantastic.

The old labradar is a dinosaur and was notorious for being a pain to set up and missing shots.

sun627

FNG
Can anyone tell after using both that there is a advantage one over the other, besides size? Just curious. I have used the Labradar a few times worked just fine, have not had a chance to use the Garmin yet.
Garmin is way more compact and reliable.

Labradar is very affordable now and will be useful to measure the MV down range, in case you need to calculate BC.

Owned both. I prefer the Garmin for all the reasons mentioned above. Sold the Labradar and do not miss it.

dreadi

FNG
One thing I had in the Labradar that the Garmin doesn't, the ability to report velocity at distances.
When the ballistic calculators were not matching that was happening on paper at distances, I used the velocities the Labradar recorded to correct the calculators.

However, I don't regret getting rid of the Labradar. Garmin app is stable, device doesn't care if I'm shooting suppressed, and doesn't require an additional external trigger.

have not used the garmin but after using the labradar a bit i'd say if i had my own range, didn't shoot suppressed, or airguns, and could set up the labradar semi-permanently so it was always dialed in to my target....it would be fine. but it's trigger(s) finicky, can miss shots, the app often disconnects, aiming the device isn't perfect even though i stuck a red dot on top....

it was the obvious progression from optical but now garmin has moved the needle to a higher level. no reason to even go with the new labradar. start with garmin, end of story. and in 3-5 years maybe some new next-level toys will appear.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Labradar also released its compact version. Wondering how does that work compared to Garmin
It has a sight on top, implying that it must be aimed, I just plop the Garmin down and point it in the general direction.

Everyone complains about the LabRadar app, so that interface probably still sucks. Personally, I decided to go with the Garmen and have been happy with it.