la sportiva pamir

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a narrow leather lined boot...not many options out there. Any one have a pair of these? How about experience with la sportiva in general? I have a low volume narrow foot. Always have a tough time finding boots.

The Zamberlan Kuiu Pamir I have seem to be on the narrow side. Also the tongue is adjustable to take up volume. I have a high volume foot so I really don't have a prayer in them ever working out. A size 11 (My street shoe is a 10) with roughly 5 miles on them are going up on classifieds soon. Thought going larger in size was going to help with the volume but it didn't work out. The 10.5 seemed to work too when I tried them on. My toes hit on the 10's. I know they are not leather lined but you may want to look into Zamberlan.

kodiakfly

WKR
Haven't worn the Pamirs yet, but I'm a huge fan of Sportivas. They're all I wear. I wear the Lhotse and anything made on the Makalu last and they fit me like gloves off the shelf. Their Italian boots are absolutely top notch. Some of their shoes and light hikers are made in China or Taiwan and I can't speak to those. But their handmade boots are excellent.

After trying out 'hunting' boots for the last 4 years, this year I went back to the tried and true LaSportiva Makalu.
I have a narrow foot and the Makalu is built on a narrow last and fits well. I like a stiff boot and the Makalu is stiff.

The adjustable tongue helps to fine-tune the volume and fit. I fully expect these boots to last 10+ years like my last pair. Check on Moosejaw for some good sales and prices on the LaSportiva line.

Tiger Rag

WKR
I bought a pair of the Sportiva Pamirs. I have a low volume foot as well. I loved almost everything about them. For my foot/ankle, the webbing loops at the ankle flex point were too close together and I couldn't lock my heel. I see this in other Sportiva boots as well. I ended up finding a pair of the Sportiva Glaciers (not the WLF Glaciers) that work pretty well for me. I think they are basically the predecessor of the Makalu's mentioned above....but I believe the Mak's also have the webbing loops pretty close together. I personally need something with a deep pull.