Kuiu vs Sitka pants

BrettB342

FNG
Mainly for general use in Montana. Interested in the kuiu attack pants and Sitka ascent was just looking for your guys input on the two or maybe other models

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Ascents are going to be lighter than the attacks, but attacks are a good all around pant. The hip vents on the Attacks are awesome, but they would get hot in early September. Sitka pants are a lot more snag resistant, but they have spandex (or lycra I can't remember) for stretch, which does take longer to dry when wet. He new Alpine pant material is awesome, lighter and tougher. I've noticed my Kuiu pants seem to dry better than my mountain pants ever did. The integrated belt in the sitka pants make them a little easier to adjust, especially under a pack belt. I have to have the Kuiu pants hemmed and taken in usually. The sitka material is a little shiny as well.

Beware of Kuiu sizing, it's different between models. The Alpines are way looser than the attacks.

You can't really go wrong with either, hope the rambling helps your decision....if I had to have 1, the attacks would probably be it.

I like the fit of the Kuiu pants a bit better. I wore the attacks for elk here in Colorado and they were fine even with the crazy heat we had. Like said, you can't really go wrong but the Kuiu material seems to be a bit better.

Stwrt9

WKR
i really think you'll like the attacks if you decide to go that route. Mainly for the versatility you will get with them as they will cover a much broader spectrum of conditions than the ascents.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are looking for a pant like the Ascent and the Attack you should also check out the First Lite Corrugate Guide. I prefer it over the previous two. Mainly due to how it fits me.

I would also say attack. A little not on the sizing MT Wyatt referred to. The attack, tiburon, and guide are all pretty much identical on sizing but the alpines and Teton I would go one full size smaller than the first three listed.

IdahoElk

WKR
For most of the season I use the Kuiu Tiburon's(lighter/stretches slightly more) and if it's cold the attacks.Cant go wrong with either

Ramcam

Lil-Rokslider
I am between a 34 and 32 in the attacks just bought a 32 alpine and they fit perfectly i prefer them over the attacks .