Kuiu vs Sitka packs?

I went with KUIU. They don't get a lot of love on here, but I've been good with my Icon Pro(6000 ci bag) Ive been running one for 8 years, actually on my 2nd due to a warranty issue (faulty carbon fiber on 1st gen). Really have no experience with sitka other than trying on, but I wasn't impressed.

On another note, I picked up one of the new daypacks, the Venture Divide 2000, just for general day hiking and for my computer, and have been very impressed. I may actually use it deer hunting this fall. Very stiff back and really good suspension for a daypack.

Out of those two, Kuiu. However, I would look at some others perhaps used. I know I’ll be selling a nwot Exo 4800 soon. Many deals will pop up on better performers.

I like that I can easily swap bags depending on need with the Kuiu. I do not believe that is the case with Sitka; could be wrong.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I would not put Kuiu OR Sitka in the top tier catergory as far as load hauling, lightweight, and capability go. Packs have always been a thing either company has done for the most part, and neither super duper well. Out of the two, Kuiu has seemed to have a lot more development with their approach - at the expense of the customer at times.

I would highly suggest a used Exo, MR, or Stone Glacier rather than a kuiu or sitka pack. If you can tolerate the weight, Kifaru, although even used that's another level of $.

md126

WKR
My Sitka pack has been super solid as a day pack but they (and KUIU) aren’t top tier lias haulers.

Sitka’s customer service is light years ahead of KUIU in my opinion i that would be my deciding factor.

I run the Kuiu pro 6000 and my buddy runs the slightly lager 7000 LT version and I have to say his is lighter and larger than mine but I feel like his has less options in terms of how I like to stow my gear. I’ve packed out elk, deer, and bear with mine so it’s all I really know compared to anything else. I’ve run it in the snow multiple times at elevation and on a summer desert hunt for elk. It has gotten the job done every time without breaking and is ready and waiting for the next hunt.

i have the Kuiu Pro 3600, very light. Small enought to use on day trips and can hold enough for multi-day trip depending on what you need.

Venom One

WKR
Watch Zack's videos - they're full of great info. He covers 8-10 of the top packs, including Kuiu and Sitka.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu. Have the 1850 as a stand alone, and a 2300 Pro and a 4000LT. Everyone has different experiences and mine have been good.

desmog

FNG
I am experimenting with a Kuiu Frame pack. I am using the 3200 size pack at the moment. I haven't found the proper way to easily manage my spotting scope and tripod yet, compared to the EXO K3 which has the perfect fitting pocket. I do like the Kuiu frame better (it fits my body better than EXO, but that obviously will change person to person.) I like the idea of being able to swap pack sizes on my existing frame, but have yet to do so. For me, both great packs, however the Kuiu gets the nod for modularity and fit.

TheHammer

WKR
Imo sitka does just about everything top tier… except for the packs. I wouldn’t consider even suggesting either with how many companies specialize in packs, ones far better than these two.

S.Radke

FNG
Any advice on kuiu vs sitka as far as packs go?
Been using a kuiu pack for about 6 years now and havnt even thought about looking for another. The initial purchase is a little rough on the wallet but being able to customize bag size for 100 or 2 sold it for me. Never had any discomfort even fully loaded. Can't speak for Sitka but I'm happy with my bag.