Kuiu Spindrift Jacket

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
73" tall and 200 lbs....XL fits me well and so would a large. It would depend how tight you want it really...what's your height and weight?

I just got what I normally get an xl. I have the guide jacket in an xl as well. The pants on the other hand I got a size 34 attack pant and they fit perfect. I wear a 34 in jeans put they are always pretty loose, so maybe a size up in the pants.

I am 69" tall and 190lbs and a medium spindrift fits me perfect. I didn't want extra space given it is worn under my guide jacket.

OP
fire arrow
73" tall and 200 lbs....XL fits me well and so would a large. It would depend how tight you want it really...what's your height and weight?

I am 73 inches, and 205. I think my arms are a touch longer than usual. O wait, the Kuiu shop is in Dixion right? That is only 40 min from my house. Ding!!! Anyone want me to check on something for them?

Its not warm like a big down jacket, but as far as its weight and putting it under a shell, it's awesome. Think if it as all you need in sept and a great mid layer in oct nov. Used all winter skiing and it didn't make me sweat.

Last edited:

slim9300

WKR
I'm worried about sizing myself even though I have an XL Guide Jacket on back-order. I'm 74.5" tall and 170 lbs with broad shoulders and monkey arms (77.5" wingspan and 36" sleeves on my shirts). I can never find a large jacket that has long enough sleeves or torso length, despite the cut being ideal. I always end up having to buy an XL shirt or jacket and cinching up the draw chord, since I can't stand short sleeves.

I figured that if the XL is way too big, I will order a Large and decide which one I can live with. Anyone else out there with monkey arms and a slim build?

ckleeves

WKR
Slim, I am 75'' tall 185lbs with a 75'' wingspan and I have an xl spindrift and it fits very well. I have around a 34'' waist and the jacket isn't baggy around the waist as some xl's are on me. Not tight, but as far as puffy jacket fit goes I would say it's about perfect.

Gman

WKR
For reference I am 72" inches tall on the nose. About 185 - I wear a 34 guide pant and a large in all Kuiu top pieces EXCEPT the guide jacket in which I'm an XL. The arms are just too tight on the L, but I also have a long torso. The spindrift fits perfect.

And I'm sure you know this - but when you get your guide jacket make sure to try it with the spindrift underneath. You want to maintain that loft. My guide jacket with a tshirt only is a little roomy, with all the possible layers just right.

slim9300

WKR
Slim, I am 75'' tall 185lbs with a 75'' wingspan and I have an xl spindrift and it fits very well. I have around a 34'' waist and the jacket isn't baggy around the waist as some xl's are on me. Not tight, but as far as puffy jacket fit goes I would say it's about perfect.

You are the man. Thanks for posting. I am a 34" waist too. I am hoping the sleeves are about an 1" long on you? =)

slim9300

WKR
For reference I am 72" inches tall on the nose. About 185 - I wear a 34 guide pant and a large in all Kuiu top pieces EXCEPT the guide jacket in which I'm an XL. The arms are just too tight on the L, but I also have a long torso. The spindrift fits perfect.

And I'm sure you know this - but when you get your guide jacket make sure to try it with the spindrift underneath. You want to maintain that loft. My guide jacket with a tshirt only is a little roomy, with all the possible layers just right.

I'm feeling better about ordering an XL. =)

Rockchuck

WKR
I have the guide jacket in xl and it fits great. The spindrift I ended up sending back in XL. It was too tight across the back of the shoulders for me when putting my arms up or out in front of me. The 2xl was just way to big for me and too long in the arms too. I am 6'1" and run a 48" chest measurement. Wish it would have fit just a little better and I'd have kept it.

swat8888

WKR
FYI- If you call in to place an order with Kuiu they are offering $40 off the Spindrift. If you just call and ask I bet they would hook you up with one. My commission is $5...send it to my PayPal..lol.

slim9300

WKR
FYI- If you call in to place an order with Kuiu they are offering $40 off the Spindrift. If you just call and ask I bet they would hook you up with one. My commission is $5...send it to my PayPal..lol.

Thanks a lot for the tip. Kuiu is bleeding me dry. :( I bit, hook, line and sinker. $99 seems like a pretty good deal to me.