Kuiu Spindrift Jacket

IAHNTR

WKR
FYI- If you call in to place an order with Kuiu they are offering $40 off the Spindrift. If you just call and ask I bet they would hook you up with one. My commission is $5...send it to my PayPal..lol.

Just ordered my first Kuiu piece.

I got suckered into the deal as well this morning when I called and pre-ordered the Yukon Gaitors... This has got to stop lol

Mike

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
So tempting! I just got the Guide Jacket yesterday and love it so far. KUIU has my business.

I must be the guy stuck in the middle. On the L spindrift the chest is too tight. On the XL the sleeves are a little long. I went with the XL as when I layer the other items, the L was just too restrictive. Can't wait to field test the items!

slim9300

WKR
I must be the guy stuck in the middle. On the L spindrift the chest is too tight. On the XL the sleeves are a little long. I went with the XL as when I layer the other items, the L was just too restrictive. Can't wait to field test the items!

Sleeves are a little short for me on the Large but fits pretty well.

Spindrift showed up today! So far I'm impressed... Really think its the perfect versatile insulating layer for my "system" I got going on. Just picked up off another forum the first lite Llano crew shirt as well for $60. I think with the merino base, Russel APXG2 L2 1/4 zip T, Kuiu SpinDrift, and C4E Element jacket I'll be good to 20* or so! I don't see the spin drift being as warm as a down vest or jacket but it fits really nicely under my Element jacket! Like the stuff pocket thing its got going on as well. ;)

Mike

I'd say they are right there with a heavy fleece. Not a really heavy piece. I honestly think it could be a touch warmer/thicker but haven't had a chance to wear it in the field yet!

Mike

Gman

WKR
Where it beats a fleece is that it does provide a substantial block from wind. So I would actually say as an outer piece - when not that cold to warrant a jacket over the spindrift - it's warmer than a fleece. Great and versatile piece.