Kuiu PRO Brush Pant vs FL Sawbuck Brush Pant?

jrlars9

FNG
Looking to purchase an upgraded pair of pants for upland hunting season this fall, and am between the two brush pant offerings from Kuiu and First Lite. Would like to hear reviews from anyone that has ran both of these and compare. Currently leaning towards the Kuiu pants since the reviews I have read sounds like they are tougher against thorns.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

I’d like to know as well… for whenever they decide to get my size/pattern back in stock. They seem like a great desert hunting option.

OP
J

jrlars9

FNG
I’d like to know as well… for whenever they decide to get my size/pattern back in stock. They seem like a great desert hunting option.
I ended up purchasing the Kuiu PRO Brush Pants. The fit was consistent with their attack pants that I have purchased before, which was great. I was surprised at how thin the protected areas of the pants are - the protected areas are pretty similar in thickness and material to the rest of the pants. I'll be taking these out in the field in the next couple weeks and will post again with how they performed.

RAPTOR

WKR
The FL pants for me were baggy and sloppy and I felt like they were heavy. The Kuius are exactly what I wanted, they fit just like an attack pant.

cmahoney

WKR
I ordered the Final Rise pants when they had their initial offer deal. They haven’t arrived yet but I was happy to spend a little more for American made clothing. I’m tired of paying top dollar for Kuiu clothing made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueman75

FNG
I’ve got the Kuiu Brush pant. They are incredibly comfortable and the zipper vents are great for dumping heat when it’s warm out. I’ve worn them several times while pheasant hunting in Oregon. They were great but not sure they would keep really thorny brush from poking through.

ks.snow

FNG
I have FL sawbuck and Pyke Dakota. I seen the Kuiu pro brush in person and I wasn’t impressed with the thickness of the material for keeping heavy throns out.

The pyke fit similar to Kuiu. I’ll be looking to put the tongass next.

OP
J

jrlars9

FNG
I took the Kuiu Brush pants out for Iowa pheasant opener, and I was very pleased with their performance. I had no issues after walking through relatively thick cover for most of the weekend, and found the pants to be very comfortable - more comfortable than many pairs of jeans I own. I am not typically a "suspenders guy", but I was a big fan of the suspenders that came with these pants.

I didn't tangle with any hedgeapple branches or other plants with large thorns, so I can't speak to the protection against those. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the protected areas of the pants are thinner than I was expecting, so I'm not sure they would protect against larger punctures as well as a pair of traditional leather chaps would.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and I would recommend these pants.