KUIU pant sizing change?

Sako

FNG
Hi all, ordered another pair of guide pants. I have 2 already but one got torn. Both are 34s, ordered and new set and they fit like 32s? I hate returning but have no choice but to. Seems to me a 36 would be too big. I am 5"11 and 185. Looked in the forums and seems like this is not unusual recently. I love my pair that fit right. Thoughts?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
36 should fit ya well. I’m 6’2 195-200 and a 36 kuiu is just about right on the models I’ve tried. There seems to be a sizing scale jump from the 34 to the 36, the entire rise area is more roomy.

fishslap

WKR
Sounds like I need to try the guides again and go with a 36. I wear 33-34 in all other pants with 34 in attacks. 34 in guides were too tight when I tried them last year so I sent them back and was also worried 36 would be too big. 5’11” and 190.

TheCoyote

Lil-Rokslider
I’m so frustrated with kuiu and their inconsistent sizing!
My old 32s fit fine. New 32s and 34s are too small, new 36s are huge. Ugh. I feel like I’m taking a gamble every time I order from them. What’s worse is that the customer service is a email. No phone number? No human to talk to?

I’m trying Stone Glacier and Born Primitive

Jethro

WKR
I feel like I’m taking a gamble every time I order from them.
Most definitely. Many times we order 2 sizes at initial purchase. Try them on and keep what fits best. Shouldn't have to do that, but that's the way it is.

What Kuiu I have, I really like, but it is hard to fathom how inconsistent their sizing has been, for such a long time.