KUIU New Color “Bourbon” question?

Mudd Foot

WKR
“Texas straight bourbon”???
What the actual f is this imposter shite?

If it ain’t from Bourbon county, it ain’t bourbon.

You’d think they’d at least have the decency to just call it “Brown Liquor.”

81334695444ef079e8e229d65b2b38ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
“Texas straight bourbon”???
What the actual f is this imposter shite?

If it ain’t from Bourbon county, it ain’t bourbon.

Say what you will. I aint gonna argure with you. There is many people and "experts" that say your wrong.

I deliberately didn't take a picture of blantons or eh taylor, or eagle rare or jack gold or jack sinatra or four roses or and then just to get some jake leg like you to make a crappy comment and stir the pot. Your predictable.

Back to your moms basement for you sir.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
That looks uncorked. You saving it for a special occasion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a sheep on the label for sheep fairy. Dont you know. And he is a screwball. Seems fitting on all accounts. Now billy just needs a nut allergy.

Straight rye and military B.D.U.s wool union suit and no manscaping its gets kind of miserable growing back in.

Poser

WKR

Say what you will. I aint gonna argure with you. There is many people and "experts" that say your wrong.

I deliberately didn't take a picture of blantons or eh taylor, or eagle rare or jack gold or jack sinatra or four roses or and then just to get some jake leg like you to make a crappy comment and stir the pot. Your predictable.

Back to your moms basement for you sir.

Hey listen, nobody is gonna deny Texas’s cultural contributions. Bob Wills is still the king, Waylon is awesome, Blind Willie Johnson was the best slide guitar player who ever lived, Texas owns brisket and you won’t find a finer sausage than you will in Lockhart. THAT BEING SAID, you don’t just get to decide to start making whiskey and call it “straight Texas bourbon” as if Texas is somekind of authority on anything to do with making whiskey. Nope. Not gonna happen, not on my watch. Pour that shit out and beg for forgiveness.

Man the comments just don’t miss on Rokslide, very funny stuff here guys. Thanks for the laughs.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hey listen, nobody is gonna deny Texas’s cultural contributions. Bob Wills is still the king, Waylon is awesome, Blind Willie Johnson was the best slide guitar player who ever lived, Texas owns brisket and you won’t find a finer sausage than you will in Lockhart. THAT BEING SAID, you don’t just get to decide to start making whiskey and call it “straight Texas bourbon” as if Texas is somekind of authority on anything to do with making whiskey. Nope. Not gonna happen, not on my watch. Pour that shit out and beg for forgiveness.

It happened on your watch. 5 years worth of awards says they got it figured out. Especially since they started in 2006. Maybe you should open your mind and give it a try. Oh wait that only applies to when your telling someone to try the covid vax. hypocrite much. :ROFLMAO:

Poser

WKR
It happened on your watch. 5 years worth of awards says they got it figured out. Especially since they started in 2006. Maybe you should open your mind and give it a try. Oh wait that only applies to when your telling someone to try the covid vax. hypocrite much. :ROFLMAO:

Awards don’t magically make you on par with Bourbon county whiskey. You ain’t got the water, you ain’t got the lineage. Stay in your lane, son, make case for Red Dirty Country or High School football, but bourbon ain’t yours, ain’t ever gonna be yours, “straight Texas bourbon” means nothing to no one whose opinion matters.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Awards don’t magically make you on par with Bourbon county whiskey. You ain’t got the water, you ain’t got the lineage. Stay in your lane, son, make case for Red Dirty Country or High School football, but bourbon ain’t yours, ain’t ever gonna be yours, “straight Texas bourbon” means nothing to no one whose opinion matters.

I would ask if you ever feel like you know you have lost a debate but we all know you have no idea. Guess these guys opinion doesn't matter. You should tell the guys reviewing it that though.

At the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2020, the Garrison Brothers team was awarded a double gold medal for its Balmorhea Twice-Barreled Bourbon, a silver medal for its Single Barrel Bourbon, and a bronze for its Small Batch Bourbon. Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible named Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon “American Micro Whiskey of the Year” in 2014 and again in 2017. Whisky Bible awarded the same distinction to Balmorhea Twice-Barreled Bourbon for 2019 and 2020 and 2021. Garrison Brothers was voted Best Craft Whiskey Distillery in America by readers of USA Today in 2017.