Kuiu LT Proximity Jacket - Reviews needed

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used this yet in the field? I ordered one over the weekend and seems like a no brainer for people not needing the insulation of the regular Proximity. I really hope a matching pant is in the future. I know there's plenty of us out there like me, think this is a perfect option. Any one with a review?

whaack

WKR
I picked one up. Weight, sound, fit is all in line with the Sitka Stratus jacket. It's dang near identical except for the camo obviously and the sleeves use velcro cuffs vs. stretch cuffs. I have one in large New without tags for sale in the classifieds if someone wants to grab it. I like it a lot, but the sleeves just arent' long enough for my liking. I'm 6'2.5" and have long arms.

OP
FLHunter87

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
I really disliked the way the Stratus fit me. Im pretty pleased with this jacket. I got an XL. It seems to run small but I did upsize to layer. I'm glad I did. Even with me upsizing I feel it fits great even with out layers. I am the opposite and have shorter arms. I don't think I could go a size down though.

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
How warm do you gents think it would be (no access to a stratus) ??. I have a fanatic jacket but need one for temps not at that level yet and cant decide between the LT vs the insulated version .

cheers

Ho5tile1

WKR
I use the regular one in the low 40s maybe even 38 but I do run a little cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just left the Kuiu store an hour ago specifically to look at this jacket. It runs more true to size for me. An XL fit me just right where other jackets fit snug in XL for me.

One thing to note, I was told they are phasing out their whitetail line of clothing which will include the Proximity line. That’s probably why a few items are in the outlet store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
FLHunter87

FLHunter87

Lil-Rokslider
I just left the Kuiu store an hour ago specifically to look at this jacket. It runs more true to size for me. An XL fit me just right where other jackets fit snug in XL for me.

One thing to note, I was told they are phasing out their whitetail line of clothing which will include the Proximity line. That’s probably why a few items are in the outlet store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why would they create the LT Proximity Jacket if they are eventually phasing the Proximity out? That makes no sense to me. I was also hoping a matching pant would be in the future but I guess not.

Last edited:

Ho5tile1

WKR
The things I see from the whitetail line are the pattern that don’t sale well like vias most deer hunters are not wearing that in the deer woods. I’d be shocked if they just released this stuff just to kill it but who knows. I do know I have not seen there more popular patterns in the outlet other then the wind pro shirt that don’t block wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk