Kuiu kutana gaiters

Anyone else struggle with the lace hook on these? It's a pain to get them hooked and a pain to unhook. Is it just me...

ChrisAU

WKR
I just never even hooked mine on my last hunt, wore them all the time. Never had them ride up or move at all.

Day before my Dall Sheep and Grizzly bear hunt, I took my Yukon gaiters off. Sliced my middle finger pretty good with the lace hook. The SOB bled for 7 days before it finally stopped. I only used the velcro going forward.

OP
P
Day before my Dall Sheep and Grizzly bear hunt, I took my Yukon gaiters off. Sliced my middle finger pretty good with the lace hook. The SOB bled for 7 days before it finally stopped. I only used the velcro going forward.
It didn't help pulling in a griz?

It didn't help pulling in a griz?
I did not think about it at that time. However, now that I have seen how quickly a grizzly can turn into predator mode, I will be more careful next time I am in grizzly country.

To be honest I was more concerned with getting an infection. Being out for 16 days does not allow for the most sanitary conditions. Used a lot of anti-bacterial cream.