Kuiu fit recommendations

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
There is know way you could wear large tops. I’m 5-10” 165 and a large fits me perfect. You will definitely want to start with XL. The pants are fairly true to size for me, maybe a little more snug but not much.
Thanks for the info.

Worn KUIU since 2017 and am a fan. I’ve always needed one size larger in pants waist, but length perfect since it was an option. Tops were same as my sizes in other gear. KUIU is made by a former athlete to fit other athletes. I guess my legs aren’t so athletic!

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on the model, or maybe even the lot of each pant. I was in their retail store recently, and got to try on a few things. For context, I'm 6'6" and usually wear 34*36 in Eddie Bauer or Carhartt. The 36T attacks fit great, but I was swimming in the 36T lighter weight pants (Tiburon?). The guide pants were just a little big in the waist.

I typically wear a LT or XLT in shirts and jackets. Not a single thing kuiu makes is long enough for my torso. Their XL and XXL were the same length, just wider. I'll be sticking with other brands shirts and jackets.

fatlander

WKR
32” waist jeans are a little lose on me, 32” Kuiu pants fit me perfect. The kutana is the tightest fit out of all of the attacks, kutana, and tiburons. I like the way they fit better, not a fan of baggy pants. The kutana is my favorite pant of them all.

The kutana material is louder than others, so having it fit tighter prevents the fabric rubbing together when walking. That’s why I ditched my SG dehaviland pants, you could hear me coming 100 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a 32 waist but need 34s in Kuiu. If they made a 33 it would be spot on. That said I am the least concerned about a little bigger pant waist or a jacket with extra room. Makes it easy and more comfortable to layer underneath during the cooler months. I do have one pair of the Tiburons in 32 that I wear for earlier warmer archery seasons and they are a tad snug but tolerable.

big44a4

WKR
I’m 5’10 212# and wear 32 waist in everything. Tiburon pants I have to wear 36 to fit comfortable. Need a belt. Pant legs do get bigger with waist size but overall not baggy.

Still great pants not huge deal on sizing up. I got every solid color as I wear them daily for work.

I wear a 36 but had to go with a 38. Pant length is their short version. Yes, I’m built low and solid. Length is a little baggy but not bad. I will probably take them in to a tailor and have them shortened some more. 3 pairs of attack pants all solid colors. Just returned a Guide jacket in XL because it was too small around my chest. Arms were great but I couldn’t hardly move my shoulders around.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on the model, or maybe even the lot of each pant. I was in their retail store recently, and got to try on a few things. For context, I'm 6'6" and usually wear 34*36 in Eddie Bauer or Carhartt. The 36T attacks fit great, but I was swimming in the 36T lighter weight pants (Tiburon?). The guide pants were just a little big in the waist.

I typically wear a LT or XLT in shirts and jackets. Not a single thing kuiu makes is long enough for my torso. Their XL and XXL were the same length, just wider. I'll be sticking with other brands shirts and jackets.
Weird I am 6'6" 230 LBS and most clothes I get in a XXL to fit in length, but many come up short in the arms and baggy around the middle. I love Kuiu as the XXL fits me perfect in torso length and arm but more fitted in the middle.

No. I've been a large almost universally in shirts, the XL from Kuiu is damn near fitted! You won't find anything they make baggy. It's all "athletic" cut.
Well, maybe if someone is rail thin, but for most no way.
I sized up one xl 145 merino to 2x peloton 118. The 118 seems 2 sizes larger. But I’ve read the Peloton line has more room

Kuiu makes some solid gear. The axis jacket/vest and the attack and kutana pants are well done pieces. I wear 36 in Attack, 34 in Kutana - which seems to bit of the opposite of most people. The frustrating part is the inconsistency in the sizing - the same piece, same size can fit pretty wildy different and you have to pay for return shipping. Ive lost a good bit of weight and Im resizing - these are both Axis vests in XL - one green, the other carbon (lined up on the left side). The pic doesnt really show how much different it is but when you put it on the carbon feels nearly 2 sizes bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Bump79

WKR
Kuiu makes some solid gear. The axis jacket/vest and the attack and kutana pants are well done pieces. I wear 36 in Attack, 34 in Kutana - which seems to bit of the opposite of most people. The frustrating part is the inconsistency in the sizing - the same piece, same size can fit pretty wildy different and you have to pay for return shipping. Ive lost a good bit of weight and Im resizing - these are both Axis vests in XL - one green, the other carbon (lined up on the left side). The pic doesnt really show how much different it is but when you put it on the carbon feels nearly 2 sizes bigger.
It really is frustrating that their sizing is off, then charge you shipping to exchange. Drives me absolutely nuts for an online exclusive retailer to do.