Kuiu fit recommendations

Cdillehay

FNG
I wanted to try out some Kuiu so I bought a pair of attack pants and they seem great but the fit is pretty snug. I am usually a 34x34 and that's what I ordered but the waist fits more like a 32. length is great. has anyone else had this issue and do Kuiu pants typically run small. if I go up to a size 36 waist do the pants start to get baggy or is it just the waist that improves. Also, how do the tops fit? any guidance form someone with experience would be much appreciated.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Similar experience and wish they would make odd-inch sizes. I'm a 32 or 33 waist and need a 34 in Kuiu. At least when I get thicker by the end of the winter they fit better. Need a belt in the summer...

Dos XX

WKR
I wear 33 Sitka pants. I tried 32 and 34 attacks. Neither worked, one too small, one too big. I wonder how much variation there is between individual pants in the same size?

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
Similar experience and wish they would make odd-inch sizes. I'm a 32 or 33 waist and need a 34 in Kuiu. At least when I get thicker by the end of the winter they fit better. Need a belt in the summer...

Ok so it’s not just me? I even tried on some of my other pants and they all fit correctly. Did you return and go up a size?

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
I googled it and it seems that it’s a common issue but I wanted to start the discussion with people that actually use them in the field. I may try to go a size up and hopefully the pants don’t just get baggy bc the rest of the fit is great

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
What’s you’re take on sizing for the tops?

BBob

WKR
My actual waist measurement is 33 and I wear 32 in Kuiu. I have Tiburon, Kutana and a pair of Attack. I still have a touch of room in all of them but the Kutana fits a little snugger than the others. I’m the same for tops, I fit the sizing chart for 39+ ish chest. I wear medium in all the tops I have. I’m lean, not thick so take that into account.

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
Thanks for the info. I like the athletic fit and not baggy but don’t want the waist and pockets too tight. Do the shirts get baggy when you go up a size?

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
I’ve gone up one size on all my Kuiu clothing. Pants, shirts, jackets and even their everyday hoodies and T’s.

The LS shirts will be a little long tho.
Do they still fit somewhat snug and athletic or do they just get baggy?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
No. I've been a large almost universally in shirts, the XL from Kuiu is damn near fitted! You won't find anything they make baggy. It's all "athletic" cut.
Well, maybe if someone is rail thin, but for most no way.

Reactions: AZ8
OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
No. I've been a large almost universally in shirts, the XL from Kuiu is damn near fitted! You won't find anything they make baggy. It's all "athletic" cut.
Well, maybe if someone is rail thin, but for most no way.
Awesome!! Great info. I’m 6’2” 220 and usually wear a 34 x 34 pant and L or XL shirt. I’ll take on the recommendations for my next order

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
In the earlier days of Kuiu I think the fit was closer to the norm in relationship to sizes. Now it seems you need to size up. I'm usually no more than a 33" waist in most pants at best but I need a 34" waist in the Attack pant.

OP
C

Cdillehay

FNG
In the earlier days of Kuiu I think the fit was closer to the norm in relationship to sizes. Now it seems you need to size up. I'm usually no more than a 33" waist in most pants at best but I need a 34" waist in the Attack pant.
Seems to be par for the course. Thanks for the rec.

Nwihunter

FNG
Awesome!! Great info. I’m 6’2” 220 and usually wear a 34 x 34 pant and L or XL shirt. I’ll take on the recommendations for my next order
There is know way you could wear large tops. I’m 5-10” 165 and a large fits me perfect. You will definitely want to start with XL. The pants are fairly true to size for me, maybe a little more snug but not much.