Kuiu Bino Harness vs. Sitka

Mtnboy

WKR
I've had an OPW for 4 years now. Great system.

At one point I wanted to ad straps to have my binos attached to the harness, but now I'm a fan of having them free from it.

The lid opens the right way. Can put in and take out binos 1 handed. It's waterproof. It's light. It's quiet. The torso length is adjustable.

OPW harness hasn't got a lot of love it seems, but it's the best on the market if you ask me.

What is meant by "opens the right way"? Do you want the top to open away from your body? The fastener would be against the chest and difficult to access it seems to me.

Mtnboy

WKR
Yeah, away is the way you want (in my opinion at least) makes it easy to put back in with one hand.

Seems to me if the lid opens up towards you, it'd take one hand to hold open and one hand to put in binos.

The lid on the OPW stays closed without being fastened, but it does snug down with a pull cord if you want your binos extra secure.

I'll try to take some pics later if I can.

Yeah, away is the way you want (in my opinion at least) makes it easy to put back in with one hand.

Seems to me if the lid opens up towards you, it'd take one hand to hold open and one hand to put in binos.

The lid on the OPW stays closed without being fastened, but it does snug down with a pull cord if you want your binos extra secure.

I'll try to take some pics later if I can.

fHF is much much easier to put in with one hand than the bino bro.

Joe

Mtnboy

WKR
fHF is much much easier to put in with one hand than the bino bro.

Joe

Guess I'll have to take your word for it as I've used pretty much everyone on the market besides FHF and Alaskan Guide Creations.

My Razors easily slide in to my Bino Bro with one hand so I don't know how much easier it could be though.

Guess I'll have to take your word for it as I've used pretty much everyone on the market besides FHF and Alaskan Guide Creations.

My Razors easily slide in to my Bino Bro with one hand so I don't know how much easier it could be though.

That's why I am also thinking I may try the lager size. When I go to put mine in, the front has "Drooped" down just a little. The top edge of the objective (rubberized) grabs the material, and then I have to wiggle and push to get them in. With the FHF, I come from the bottom, the lid lifts up over the oculars, and putting the binos in the case is like dropping them in a bucket.

Joe

I used the fhf this year and didn't have any problems getting them back in one handed. Many times just folded the lid inside and left it open.