Kuiu Attack Pants

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
After reading many threads like this i finally got some attacks this summer. They fit me good but i was not impressed with the fabric.. No where near worth the money to me. I ended up replacing with the sg de havilands and have been way way happier. You guys that think the attacks vents are nice, you should see the de havilands. Way more useful

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
My biggest complaint is the company reps say nothing has changed on their sizing compared to their older versions. After they told me that in November and assured they’ll fit just like my older pairs, I ordered some in usual 32r. Nope....a lot tighter at the waist but legs and inseam are baggy as usual. Can’t do 34’s, Mr. MC Hammer has a patent on that look

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
They are comfortable pants that hold up reasonably well, the side vents are awesome. They also look good enough to be worn in professional settings where a polo shirt is acceptable.

For the rest of this I'm going to be in the minority.

They are a little on the heavy side; Prana Zions with 250 Smartwool long underwear come in at 20.3 ounces for me while my Kuiu Attack pants are 18.5 ounces without anything else. I find the base layer and soft shell approach with the Zion's to be more versatile.

The Kuiu's are on the warm side, even with the side vents.

My thighs rub, so the groin is usually where my pants fail first. The Kuiu's have worn through at about the pace of Carhartt Dungarees, so not bad, but not the most durable either.

They don't dry well. I like and still use the Kuiu's, however they will not see use in South East AK again for me due to how long they take to dry--around 6 hours. Nor will I spend the money on a second pair.

I have not tried their light weight version, I imagine it would correct many of the short comings. However, as I really like the Zions I'm unwilling to spend the money to give the light version a try. Especially as my Zions have held up better than the Attacks and I suspect the light version would be less durable.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
After reading many threads like this i finally got some attacks this summer. They fit me good but i was not impressed with the fabric.. No where near worth the money to me. I ended up replacing with the sg de havilands and have been way way happier. You guys that think the attacks vents are nice, you should see the de havilands. Way more useful
How do you think the Attacks compare to the De Havilland as far as warmth and durability? Any idea how either compare to the Kuiu guide pants? I really want to like the De Havilland but can’t get the sizing correct for me

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I only had the attacks maybe 2 months before i returned them but they had more piling and signs of wear than my de havilands that ive used more and harder. They seem about the same thickness but id say the de havilands seem warmer to me. Never tried the guide but the fabric on the de haviland i think is real similar to the axis pants my friend has

Deadeye17

FNG
The Attacks have been my favorite and most comfortable hunting pant owned since I got them. True to size for me though the front pockets are a bit tight. Probably due to my big thighs. Not a great pant when hunting in thorns/briars but definitely brush busting pants when in oak brush or sage put west. Wear them on the hottest days down to below freezing in dry, non-windy weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j33

WKR
Prana Zion = Nylon
Dehavilland = 50% Polyester, 50% Nylon
Attack = Polyester

All 3 pants are different materials and aren’t really comparable. Choose a Nylon Kutana pant to compare. I own none of the 3 so can’t comment, still rock my Eddie Bauer Guide Nylon pants and the only thing I wouldn’t mind is vents but blowing my budget on other crap right now.