KUIU Attack Pants Sizing Change?

rom828q

FNG
Any long time wearers of KUIU buy a pair of attack's recently and notice a different fit? I've been wearing Size 32 Attack pants for years now, and they're my favorite pair of pants. I bought a new pair this summer, went to wear them on a hunting trip for the first time and the waste feels way small and the seat too tight compared to my other pairs. I'm nearly 6'2 and 185 pounds and wear a size 31 jean typically, but these feel nearly 2 sizes too small. I emailed KUIU and they say they changed the waste from stretch to rigid, but didn't say when. I may try a size 34 tall I guess. It's annoyed me since they came out with the talls that they don't do them in size 32, but maybe I don't have to worry about that now if the 34s fit. I've always had to cut the stitching at the hem and lengthen the pant legs. Just seems weird how off the sizing is now if it's not just an anomaly.

OP
R

rom828q

FNG
I bought a pair of attacks and guides last year. I have a half dozen pairs of the attacks, and all fit the same other than this pair. I'm a tall and pretty fairly lean runner, wear 31x36 wranglers typically in slim/straight. I'm just curious if it's just a different fit now, or an off pair. I'm just worried 34 talls will be baggy now, which I hate even worse arguably. Guess I'll probably just buy a pair and see... or slim out some more again haha, but these don't even feel close to my other pairs.

pirogue

WKR
They’ve been known for changing sizes, before. I had the original bino harness in size L, and then got the Pro bino harness, size L. More than 1/2” extra, wasted space inside the harness.

WoodBow

WKR
I noticed the same. I am also a 32. I bought a used pair off of here a year or more ago. Fit was perfect. I loved them so I ordered a new pair in solid. Waist and crotch area are super snug on the new ones.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

sjwfarms

Lil-Rokslider
agree, waist seems to be about 1"-2" to the tight side compared to older sizing and competitor sizing. lack of stretch in waist is noticeable. Still a great pair of pants, may just have to go up a size.

TXCO

WKR
Same here. Ive had two pairs that were older. I keep trying to replace one but the new waist and lack of stretch makes me keep returning it. Cant believe they changed such a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. Didn’t know they changed it up. Bought a pair of pro pants and they were more snug than my older attacks but I assumed it was a style difference.

MtnMuley

WKR
Dang. Didn’t know they changed it up. Bought a pair of pro pants and they were more snug than my older attacks but I assumed it was a style difference.
The Pro's have always been a snugger, more athletic fit.

The last couple pair of Attack's I've got have been looser in the thighs. Initially not a big deal, but come mid day hiking, it becomes annoying.

I noticed the same change in the attack pants waist sizing. I soaked mine then put a clothes hanger in the waist band to stretch it for a couple days. It helped.

I bought two new pair in the last month. First pair fit normally and second felt a size smaller than what it was tagged as.

Smooth free return and exchange from Kuiu. Haven’t got the second pair back yet.

Has anyone tried laying them down flat and measure their true size? I would love to know as I just ordered a pair!!!

I measure true 36” waist but most my pants from varying companies I have are size 34. When I measure the pants I have thay are actually a size 36+/- a hair.

They call in ‘vanity sizing’. Drives me up the wall. How hard is it to post true measurements. Waist, hip/a$&, inseam, outseam, thigh, calf and boot 🤦‍♂️

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the encounter pants in 36 they fit like all my other kuiu pants but the only other pants I have gotten last year was the proximity pants all my others are at least 2 years old

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
Yes! I quit buying them for that reason. All my older pants fit fine. The newer ones do not.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They have changed a lot over the 6-7 years I’ve been wearing attacks. I just got new guide pants and they are tighter than my older guides of the same size.

JRS3

FNG
Yes! I noticed it this past summer on Attacks. They fit tighter than all other Kuiu pants I have in the same size. I’m a 36” and the past two attacks this year fit very snug. I took photos comparing older attacks with a tape measure in the pic and contacted Kuiu to alert them. The response was that they are at the end of the production spec but within the tolerance. They offered me a return but could not guarantee the replacement would fit better. I kept them but they are definitely tighter fitting…..interesting to see others finding the same and hopefully Kuiu will adjust to the demand.