Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
My system uses 1 piece from each:

Pants - first lite corrugate foundry
Jacket - Sitka jetstream
midlayer/insulation/sometimes outer layer - Kuiu kenai

OP
E
Yes but different weights. I have the 260 and it goes everywhere with me (AZ to AK).

But I will likely grab the 210 solely for the no hood. Can be a PITA layering too many pieces with hoods.

260 will give a greater temperature range of coverage than the 210. Not a fan of buying multiple pieces for incremental coverage (guilty I have multiple pieces).
So the 260 is essentially thicker has a hood and is the same fabric?

OP
E
My system uses 1 piece from each:

Pants - first lite corrugate foundry
Jacket - Sitka jetstream
midlayer/insulation/sometimes outer layer - Kuiu kenai
A good ole fashioned blended setup! I haven't put my hands on that Kenai piece yet either but it sure gets good reviews!

Sounds like a useful piece for sure! Do you ever wish it had a hood?

Nope not out there where I've been using it, and I hate hoods anyway because they interfere with my hearing and I hate how they bunch up if you have a few layers on. My Ultra Merino 145 has a hood and I almost always have that on underneath the 210, it's super thin so doesn't kill my hearing. I can't tell you how many times I've heard deer out there before seeing them.
OK, here is a question for you guys....
If you had to give the 3 must haves from kuiu and Sitka ( I should include FL) what would they be?

If the FBI came to take all but 3 pieces of my hunting clothing I'd keep my Jetstream jacket for rifle hunts, my 210 for overall versatility, and a piece of First Lite merino. That really sucks because I'd miss the Kutana pants incredibly for warmer weather, they're awesome.

OP
E
Nope not out there where I've been using it, and I hate hoods anyway because they interfere with my hearing and I hate how they bunch up if you have a few layers on. My Ultra Merino 145 has a hood and I almost always have that on underneath the 210, it's super thin so doesn't kill my hearing. I can't tell you how many times I've heard deer out there before seeing them.

If the FBI came to take all but 3 pieces of my hunting clothing I'd keep my Jetstream jacket for rifle hunts, my 210 for overall versatility, and a piece of First Lite merino. That really sucks because I'd miss the Kutana pants incredibly for warmer weather, they're awesome.
OK thats funny 🤣so if you could have 4 it would be kutana pants, first lite merino, 210 and your Jetstream. Man that's a pretty dang useful setup for just about anything really.

I'm trying to figure out which pieces should have a hood and which shouldn't. I don't like a ton of hoods, but I like one on the layer I'm going to rely on most. So far that is lol

Mojave

WKR
I have 3 Kuiu jackets, a guide DCS, super down pro, and a Kenai.

I have about 5-6 jackets from Swazi; Tahr, Nahanni, Hi-Viz windcheetah, and a couple that are just fleece like the doughroaster.

Pants are all from Swazi, drybacks, and the forest pants.

Mostly I hunt in Tru-Spec poly tactical pants. Kuiu pants to me are not comfortable. I am kind of a fattie, and they just don't work.

I have some other stuff from Laksen, Blaser and a couple of other European companies I bought when I lived in Germany.

Mostly I wear Kuiu or Swazi hunting.

Swazi is really warm. Doubling a Tahr over a Nahanni is warm enough to run you out of the country. It has to be really cold to make that work. But I can shed the tahr and wear the Nahanni when I am active. My wife calls the Tahr and Nahanni my man dresses. They are freaking warm and I don't care.

Kuiu is not warm. The super down pro is the exception. The guide and Kenai are not warm at all. For New Mexico they are fine. I have froze in a German deer blind in the Guide with the Kenai under it.

A lot of guys get caught up in brands, just do what works for you.

OK thats funny 🤣so if you could have 4 it would be kutana pants, first lite merino, 210 and your Jetstream. Man that's a pretty dang useful setup for just about anything really.

I'm trying to figure out which pieces should have a hood and which shouldn't. I don't like a ton of hoods, but I like one on the layer I'm going to rely on most. So far that is lol
The way I see it, bow hunting West Texas I need the hearing and it's not cold enough to need it anyway. Out West with orange requirement for rifle I can't put a hood over an orange hat or beanie anyway. I wish Sitka would make a camo Jetstream with an orange hood.

For mid layers I suggest trying anything with polartec alpha direct insulation. I didn't think my KUIU 260 could be replaced, but I just picked up the sitka kelvin active hoody and have been blown away by its performance. its warmer than the strongfleece 260, but breaths much better. Its dry time is insanely fast. size large weighs 9 oz. Looks like my fleece mid layers just lost their spot in my pack. Also the hem and hood has a stretch cord so you can really dial in the fit.