Kuiu added Whitetail Gear…

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Already ordered and on the way. We will have the KUIU Proximity Review + raffle up as soon as it gets here.

Edit:
Here is our KUIU Proximity Review as promised. Just a quick down & dirty comparison guide. We will have a much more in depth review once we can get in the woods with it... Still 100 degrees here unfortunately haha

We've got the raffle up for the complete set in our Facebook Group

Last edited:

bigbuckdj

WKR
I’m intrigued, looks like a first lite solitude type of insulation package, but maybe a little better cut. It also says you could fit a kenai jacket and pant under this, I don’t think you could do that with the solitude, the arms would be too tight. Seems very streamlined, im curious to know what temps they expect this to get down to. For the same money as the solitude and good bit less than a fanatic, I think it looks pretty good.

bobinmi

WKR
I think it looks like exactly what I was hoping they'd release. I forsee myself buying an entire set of baselayers on up some time next summer. I've been less than impressed with the first lite durability and I know its petty, but I just don't like the camo choices from sitka.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I think it looks like exactly what I was hoping they'd release. I forsee myself buying an entire set of baselayers on up some time next summer. I've been less than impressed with the first lite durability and I know its petty, but I just don't like the camo choices from sitka.
I agree about the camo, but to be honest I’m not wearing any of the fleece faced stuff outside of the whitetail woods. Thanks to @Sitting in trees I now have a stratus set and a solitude set. Im tempted to pick this up to see how it compares in November. I’m interested in the cut, it says you can fit a kenai under it. If that’s true, this might be a good alternative to the stratus or it may be thick enough to pick up where the stratus gives up.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve also ordered the the jacket and the pants. Can’t wait to see how it stacks up to my fanatic and stratus sets. I got the ash color for the top to pull double duty and valo bottoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Well never mind they just emailed me and said they had a supply issue and don’t have the top in ash and won’t till sometime in October….

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Something I find strange is kuiu has a release of this new stuff and before it was even available to everyone that new wind pro fleece that’s part of the new line up says not available till November in all colors. So why even put it up there. I went to order it with the jacket and pants and saw that.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I don’t think it was ever available. I think they threw it up there to let everyone know it was coming in case a guy might want to hold out for that vs a peloton 240 or something.

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Curious about this as well. I was just about to pull the trigger on a solitude set

bigbuckdj

WKR
Man several sizes are already sold out in valo. I’m gonna pull the trigger when my size comes back.

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Our set should be here on Monday. Will do some quick tests with it and get out a basic review + raffle a few sets off to our ILG Members. Its still 90 degrees here in Midwest, so the full review with field testing will have to wait a bit. We will do a more in depth follow up review when it gets colder.

H80Hunter

WKR
Guys - this is just my review so feel free to take with a grain of salt.

I ordered a set, but am returning it. Build quality is great, and it’s a nice jacket. However, it’s just not as quiet as I was expecting. If you rub the face fabric is noticeably louder than the stratus. You can all decide for yourself what that means but if it’s not quieter than the stratus I don’t really have a use for it.

Functionally I think it’ll fit in right with the first lite solitude in terms of bulk/warmth.

Hope any of this is helpful.

bigbuckdj

WKR
Guys - this is just my review so feel free to take with a grain of salt.

I ordered a set, but am returning it. Build quality is great, and it’s a nice jacket. However, it’s just not as quiet as I was expecting. If you rub the face fabric is noticeably louder than the stratus. You can all decide for yourself what that means but if it’s not quieter than the stratus I don’t really have a use for it.

Functionally I think it’ll fit in right with the first lite solitude in terms of bulk/warmth.

Hope any of this is helpful.
Very helpful, I wonder if that noise would reduce with time or a wash cycle

ccarter

FNG
Few observations: The Proximity jacket is essentially a Kenai with fleece and a wind barrier- but it's just an ounce shy of 2 pounds. Not a big deal if you only use it for stand hunting whitetails, but I'd like a $300 jacket to serve more than one purpose.
They also don't commit to being Windproof. I wonder why. They tout all their soft shells and even their Peloton 240 as 'highly wind resistant'. My experience is that they're not. Especially the 240. Wonder how wind resistant they're talking. My assumption is that with a foam membrane designed specifically to cut wind it should be pretty dang windproof, but the reviews will tell.

The Windpro jacket looked most interesting to me- 18 oz. would be lighter than most soft shells, but it looks like they opted not to go with pit zips, and even in a jacket called a 'WindPro' they're still not committing to windproof.

Looking forward to hearing the reviews on these. I love the idea of a lighter, quieter version of a soft-shell, but only if it's as windproof as the Jetstream and somehow breaths as well without pit zips.

Just some observations after looking at the initial info on them.