Krytpek clothing ?

Looking to buy some clothing, I want to get it for treestand hunting in the eastern us but that I can also get away with some of the gear for elk hunting in September. I'm looking for clothing that will work from 40-80 degrees ? Anything else you recommend ? I'm looking at the Valhalla suit, the dalibor suit, and the Cerdic hoodie.

cerdic is a great piece, maybe my favorite!
the valhalla or alios pants could work well, with the alios being more durable. id think the dalibor might be warm in the 70s/80s. i would also recommend the merino tops for under the cerdic.

edit: i always forget, my hunting buddies want me to start adding a disclaimer when talking clothing. i run ALOT warmer than most during activity.

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
The cerdic hoody is great, I really love the Valhalla pants deep into September. I wouldn't suggest the dalibar pants for what your describing, but the dalibar top would be great.

What I just described (plus the kryptek puffy and posiden set) is exactly what Aron wore with me on our backpack bear hunt under those exact conditions, and that dude has a pick of the litter.

valhalla pant, merino top and bottom, poseidon rain gear top and bottom, dalibor jacket and kratos jacket, krypton gloves. love all these items and use them in wa state 12 months of the year, from twentys to ninetys.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
The Valhalla and Cedric shoot work well for what you described when use with merino base layers at times.

cerdic is a great piece, maybe my favorite!
the valhalla or alios pants could work well, with the alios being more durable. id think the dalibor might be warm in the 70s/80s. i would also recommend the merino tops for under the cerdic.

edit: i always forget, my hunting buddies want me to start adding a disclaimer when talking clothing. i run ALOT warmer than most during activity.

Understatement.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got the dalibor set and cerdic 2. I live in Missouri and have only been able to try them in cold so far. They breath well and have plenty of vents so I imagine they'll do well in warm weather. I did fine in stand down to 40°, however when it dipped in the 20s I froze. I didn't have good merino wool base just a fairly cheap synthetic, I did this intentionally to test the limits. The pants are pretty tough, I was in briars all day today with no incident.

Cerdic 2 is really comfortable and warm for a lite hoody. The only complaints I have with it are the fabric tends to fuzz and pill slightly in rub areas and the hoody portion that they tote as an "effective balaclava" fits a little odd, not quite as form fitting as I like in a balaclava, but it does work in semi mild conditions.

All in all I like them and think they were a good buy.