Kryptek Clothing

shaun

WKR
The posiden is a 2.5 layer not a 3 half zip on top instead of full zip. Like Aron said cabelas rain gear on steroids...posiden is light and stout as hell from first impression

armyjoe

Super Moderator
There is a pretty big difference in the two rain tops. The Koldo is like you said, very durable and but is a heavier jacket then the Poseidon. The Koldo is more of a full time rain top in my eyes. I run the Koldo and love it. Both have 10,000/10,000 so similar in that aspect but thats really where it stops. The Poseidon is a streamlined jacket with no pockets and is only a 1/4 zip. The Koldo has several pockets and also pit zips that vent. I have worn the new Koldo for a few weeks now and definitely a jacket you can wear all day and with options for venting is quit nice. The Poseidon is a quick on and off for that afternoon quick storm

I was looking at the koldo rain gear today at cabelas and was impressed, felt very durable but a little heavy. What are the differences between the koldo and the Poseidon rain gear?

ffcody

FNG
I bought a bunch of their stuff last year and used it from early season here in CO and all the way through late waterfowl hunting in Nebraska. The clothing works great year round and the highlander pattern blends well in a variety of environments. My waterfowling buddies were sold immediately. I will support this company for years to come.

Hey Aron, I ordered a Poseidon top from Cabelas in late June, they were supposed to arrive on July1, any word when Kryptek is going to deliver?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Everything I got looks good, Loving the Borealis and helios top!

The Borealis is definitely one of my favorite articles of camo. The ingenious design is a first. The Merino is thick enough for good insulation on your back with a pack on and the primaloft does perfect on the front. I've run it a few days out in the mountains so far and its definitely not leaving my pack this year.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Hey Aron, I ordered a Poseidon top from Cabelas in late June, they were supposed to arrive on July1, any word when Kryptek is going to deliver?

Cancelled my order at Cabelas for just that reason. Getting strung along and won't make it here for the main hunt I wanna use it on this year Will buy some this winter to try out this coming summer though. :D

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
Cancelled my order at Cabelas for just that reason. Getting strung along and won't make it here for the main hunt I wanna use it on this year Will buy some this winter to try out this coming summer though. :D

Order from the Kryptek website. My Poseidon stuff came in last week.

Daniel_M

WKR
Gear is in.

2x Koldo is a bit loose but that's the price I pay being a green giant. Sleeve length takes precedence.

Merino is legit.

Puffy is legit.

Valhallas are legit.

mtbshark

WKR
can some tell me the difference between the Helios 1/4 zip top and the Valhalla 1/4 zip top?
to me they look insanely close spec wise.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
can some tell me the difference between the Helios 1/4 zip top and the Valhalla 1/4 zip top?
to me they look insanely close spec wise.

The Helios is a stripped down version..... no Velcro on the cuffs.

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've used both...

I actually like the cuffs, as it allows me to roll up the sleeves and lock them in place.

cmeier117

WKR
The Helios is my favorite piece so far. Breaths great and is another layer for warmth. I wore min this morning over a t shirt while fishing and on a bike ride this afternoon and it breaths great, has great fit and tons of stretch!! I like this type of layer to have enough stretch to pull up the sleeves and not be too tight and cut circulation off in my arms and this does just that. On a week long hunt it will also be nice to wear this by itself and let me merino dry if I go to wash it.