Kryptek 2013 Catalog

Aron one more question on the borealis I got the pic today on facebook and is the inside totally merino lined even behind the primaloft front?

What pant to you prefer for September hunting in relatively dry climates? Early morning temps possibly in the 30's but mid-day temps possibly 80*+... Need something that breathes great, is quiet, and dries quickly... Valhalla? Alaios?

Mike

armyjoe

Super Moderator
What pant to you prefer for September hunting in relatively dry climates? Early morning temps possibly in the 30's but mid-day temps possibly 80*+... Need something that breathes great, is quiet, and dries quickly... Valhalla? Alaios?

Mike

Alaios is going to my pant of choice for mid September on. Still lighter then the Kuiu Attacks but a little more then Valhalla. I'm using Valhalla all summer and thru mid September when temps get lower I'll switch.

The new Alaios pants are definitely going to be hard to beat for best all around hunting pant

luke moffat

Super Moderator
In the words of Wayne from Wayne's World...."It will be mine....oh yes, it will be mine"

Slim Jim

WKR
Is there anyway to check these out in person? The reason I use Sitka is because I can try them on and feel how the fabric stretches and fits my body.

dotman

WKR
Is there anyway to check these out in person? The reason I use Sitka is because I can try them on and feel how the fabric stretches and fits my body.

Cabelas carries their stuff and I think it will be on Dicks Sporting Goods this year.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Yes cabelas does carry their line however the new stuff is not available to try on yet. New 2013 line comes out in June.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Dotman,

If I'm taking a down jacket there are times this thing woudl be good to have a bit of extra insurance. A down jacket with this vest is less than 3 oz heavier than my synthetic jacket. Atleast that's how I justify it in my mind, which is what really matters. :D Plus I gotta have stuff to match my backpack, otherwise I'll just clash.

For cold hunts like October/Novemeber Kodiak I have always been a fan of vests anyways, I've stated that before. Now that I own down jacket this thing will be cheap insurance in case the down jacket gets wet for minimal weight penalty. True if given the choice between just a puffy vest or a just a puffy coat I'd take the coat everytime.

Last edited:

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mike

If you Can have both that would be my vote. Alios for early morning and Valhalla for later in the day. If you can only go with one do the Alios.

Slim Jim

WKR
I hope sportsmans warehouse will be carrying them because we don't have cabelas here in Vegas. I'm going to have to call them. Thanks guys

Thanks for the advice on the Alaios and Valhalla pants, I'm leaning more towards the Alaios as long as they breath and wick well... I still use and enjoy my Microtex pants for early season stuff, especially with the Kuiu gaitors if it rains a bit... I have cold weather pants and have started wearing a pair of shorts for early season scouting but once sept 1 rolls around I'd like a better pant to fit that entire month in the high country.

Mike

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the heads up :D

ITEMS PURCHASED
Kryptek Poseidon Pants
Item : IK - 933890
SIZE:MEDIUM
COLOR:KRYPTEK HIGHLANDER
Availability:
Backordered

Shipping Method: