Kryptek 2013 Catalog

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Are you looking at the Kaldo specs?
Hi Aron,
Looking at the catalog posted in this thread the specs for the kaldo and poseidon look the same 10000/10000 compared to the chugach at 20000/20000? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong numbers?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi Aron,
Looking at the catalog posted in this thread the specs for the kaldo and poseidon look the same 10000/10000 compared to the chugach at 20000/20000? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong numbers?

The Kaldo and Chugach are equal in waterproofness 20,000 and the breath ability is 15,000 for kaldo and 20,000 for Chugach.

I have a quick question on the new borealis is it supposed to be a next to skin layer or is going to be more of a second layer with say a 185 merino under it?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I have a quick question on the new borealis is it supposed to be a next to skin layer or is going to be more of a second layer with say a 185 merino under it?

I'm using it as a next to skin layer. Its perfect that way for me because I sweat like a mad man and its cooler next to skin. If your a colder person or don't sweat like me then you could definitely use it as a second layer. Really, the weather and personal preference will dictate next to skin or outer.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
What are the differences between the Dalibor and Alaios pants?

If I remember correctly - the Dalibor has DWR and is heavier (not much) then the Alaios. The fabric is different too, the Alaios is a Poly/Spandex blend (90/10 really stretchy) and the Dalibor is a Soft Shell (80/20) with less stretch.

Thanks Joe, I definitely sweat when carrying a pack but might use it as a secondary layer for later season hunts. Have you tried out the new shemagh (sp) yet?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I haven't tried out the Kryptek Shemagh but I own 3 (a shemagh is a shemagh really) from all my time overseas and use them ALL the time! Honestly, I think it goes with me on every backpacking trip. Just a great all around thing to have.

I'm using it as a next to skin layer. Its perfect that way for me because I sweat like a mad man and its cooler next to skin. If your a colder person or don't sweat like me then you could definitely use it as a second layer. Really, the weather and personal preference will dictate next to skin or outer.

with it having insulation(primaloft?) and wearing next to skin i would think a serious funk would be going on? or your have to wash it alot wearing it out quickly?