KRG Echo - Sporterish version of bravo for tikkas

feanor

WKR
I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone did. They had a friend with a mill, and removed some material. The conclusion was, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. Didn’t shave much weight, his friend did it for free, otherwise is would not be worth the effort.
Gotcha. I figured removing so much material to justify it would compromise something…but when you get the diy itch, sometimes it’s too much to overcome.

id_jon

WKR
I can’t remember where I saw it, but someone did. They had a friend with a mill, and removed some material. The conclusion was, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. Didn’t shave much weight, his friend did it for free, otherwise is would not be worth the effort.
@Juan_ID

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Guessing the weight is pretty much baked in, as its concentrated in the metal chassis, which I’m sure is the same part used in bravo and others.

It’s not. The metal chassis in the Echo ends at the front of the action. The chassis in all other KRG’s goes the full length of the forend.

Has anyone seen how big the barrel channel is in reality on these? Hopeful the DCC (dead cat count) allow for a 3B profile.

Im sure there will be more info on these coming out after shot show. I’ve got a Rokstok on the way also and it may still be the better option for a 7mag/PRC

SouthPaw

WKR
View attachment 657666

Seems like a great deal at that price. I enjoy shooting my bravo and have a LA Tikka that I’d really like to try this out on.
At sub 300 bucks it's a great option for shorter LOP and small framed tikka shooters. Adds a little weight to the gun, better ergos, adjust to short LOP, factory mags.

bobinmi

WKR
I think a lot of you are to focused on this forum. Lol, I've had 3 buddies text me about this thing in the last 48 hrs. When I brought up the rokstok as an option as well I got crickets. This thing will sell extremely well.

Dobermann

WKR
I think a lot of you are to focused on this forum. Lol, I've had 3 buddies text me about this thing in the last 48 hrs. When I brought up the rokstok as an option as well I got crickets. This thing will sell extremely well.
It's the other way around ... your buddies just aren't focused on this forum.

Get on it. :)

Dobermann

WKR
Does the butt pad adjust vertically like the Bravo?
Bravo buttpad works well to invert it - it then pokes up just above the buttstock, and you have the smaller section in your shoulder pocket / on your medial line (depending on shooting style).

Might sound and look weird at first, but Frank G does this with his AIs ...

I have been thinking about this stock with the price, use of factory mags, and functionality of it. The biggest concern is that there's the buttstock toe hook. The Bravo has an insert there, but the Echo is not compatible with it. I guess one could mount a homemade insert into the Echo if one desired.

How useful or intrusive is that type of toe hook? I really like the idea of a parallel/flat toe line to bore and the toe hook seems like it would just be a pain to deal with for prone shooting with a rear bag.