Kowa vs Swarovski

huntnful

WKR
Oh okay, it fits well? I noticed they only sell them for the Swaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It fits well enough I guess lol. I cut the attached lens covers off. Too bulky and catch on everything. So this is just strightly to protect the aluminum body from dings and scratches basically.
A17249A1-29EA-4617-B97E-216A9A2FB530.jpeg

OP
dwhicker

dwhicker

FNG
I’ve got the kowa neoprene case on my 88. It’s one of the nicest I’ve seen. I really like it

Thanks, that’s good to know! Do you feel that it protects pretty well? I’ve even debated on putting it on and then a larger marsupial carry case while it’s in my pack or while traveling. Maybe that’s a dumb idea though haha

Thanks, that’s good to know! Do you feel that it protects pretty well? I’ve even debated on putting it on and then a larger marsupial carry case while it’s in my pack or while traveling. Maybe that’s a dumb idea though haha

Yea it would be plenty for protection.

Kowa 88 since you specifically want it for digiscoping and didn’t mention any need for the BTX. BTX isn’t great for digiscoping. The 88 kowa is optically better, but less robust than the ATX. I just put a neoprene cover on mine. I also recent got an Ollin adapter for my 88 and the digiscoping image is even better now because the phone camera lens sits much close to the objective lens with their system. I’ve had an 80STS, 85STX, Kowa 554, 774 & 884.
Sounds like quite a setup! What phone are you using with this system?

Jlt1313

FNG
Hey guys, I am in looking to buy my first spotting scope in the next month or so. I have been saving up for a long time so money is not an issue. I love digiscoping and that is a huge factor for my decision. I mostly day hunt in Utah with the occasional 2-3 day backpacking trip. I am leaning towards an 80-90 mm objective and have been torn between the Kowa 88, and the Swarovski ATX. Those of you that have looked through either or both, what are your thoughts or opinions? Any help I can get is greatly appreciated!
I was in the same situation and ran the ATX for awhile but couldn’t glass through it long periods at a time so ended up with the BTX. but when I put hiking I run the STC. What did you end up going with?

OP
dwhicker

dwhicker

FNG
I was in the same situation and ran the ATX for awhile but couldn’t glass through it long periods at a time so ended up with the BTX. but when I put hiking I run the STC. What did you end up going with?

I went with the Kowa 88A. It’s been phenomenal.

DaveT1963

FNG
Swaro STX 95 and the Kowa 554 for me. I leave the BTX on the 115 and haul around when needed. I personally don't think the Kowa 88 stacks up with the Swaro 95. Not for me at least.

......oh, and another vote for the Ollin.
Comparing an 88 to 95 is not a fair comparison? A better comparrison would be to compare the 99 kowa to the SwRo 95