Kowa 99 vs Swarovski 95

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Want to upgrade to a true big eye optic. Waiting to get these two scopes side by side. Any other scopes I should be considering? Any one think of some pro's and con's of either setup, I might have over looked?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3/4/24: Final Review is here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used both quite a bit over the last couple of years along with a Kowa 88 and have decided the 88 is my favorite of the 3. Minimal gains in brightness are the main discernible difference in optical quality. And I’m not even sure as though it was always an advantage as the 88 is extremely bright as it was. Zoom range was a little higher at both ends of the spectrum, which once again, debatable whether that’s an advantage. I kinda like the 25x at the low end more than the 70x at the top end. Optically, the differences between the Swarovski 95 and and the Kowa 99 probably boil down to personal bias and preference. Both are phenomenal. Physically, the Swarovski has a more aesthetically pleasing look and the rubberized armoring is nice. The Kowa dual focus makes getting crisp image a little easier. Size and weight are really close.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got a few samples rounded up
c741af6d30bc38ed85d5aac83c9ba2a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
I've looked through both. I thought the Kowa was a better glass. I am very partial to swaro too, but they just seemed to be better.