Kotzebou Golden Eagle

Absolute shame what Golden has done. Thru no fault of either party, a hunt did not take place. Enforcing the no refund policy is very poor taste. At a minimum, a new hunt should be scheduled or, if that is not possible, refund a good portion if not all of the original deposit. Shameful imo

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Not looking to get into argument of when the plane was bought. They advertised that they picked it up on March 22 of 21. It’s shown on their Facebook page. This was after we gave them money. They are not honest, horrible with communication, and took peoples money without providing a service. They lack integrity. They literally took $30,000 and provided no service and that’s probably low balling what they took.
I won’t disagree with you about what GE out of Kotz did. It’s f’d up for sure.

But you get on here crying about it and saying they bought a plane with your money? Do you know that for sure?

It also seems like GE offered you two other alternative trips which you obviously considered because you were on here asking about black bear hunting around Delta Junction. So maybe on their end they still believe business can be conducted?

Two sides to every story. Post up your hunt contract for us to read. Maybe it was all in your contract that you signed.

Not looking to get into argument of when the plane was bought. They advertised that they picked it up on March 22 of 21. It’s shown on their Facebook page. This was after we gave them money. They are not honest, horrible with communication, and took peoples money without providing a service. They lack integrity. They literally took $30,000 and provided no service and that’s probably low balling what they took.

I believe our deposits were $1500 per person. They told me 150-175 hunters. They definitely made around $250,000 free dollars and subsequently had a new plane.

I don't have access to their book keeping but it lines up pretty close to my eyes.

In all the communication I had with Jared at that time. It was very clear that if we sent a deposit it was non refundable.

I'm certain that if you read the contract information he sent its in there.

You made a choice and gambled and lost.
How is that entirely Jared's fault?

In all the communication I had with Jared at that time. It was very clear that if we sent a deposit it was non refundable.

I'm certain that if you read the contract information he sent its in there.

You made a choice and gambled and lost.
How is that entirely Jared's fault?

Not sure exactly who you're looking at here.

I never asked for a refund and recognized it as non-refundable. I definitely read my contract.

A little communication could have gone a long way to not seem like a total prick. Nevermind that other transporters continued to operate.

eamyrick

WKR
Still on the table. If anyone wants to go on a fishing trip of a lifetime out of Kotz I’ll walk you through all of the details and I bet GE will fly you there with your deposit. It’s a sucky situation for sure but having just returned from Alaska money gets spent like wildfire just maintaining daily operations. I was also supposed to go Caribou hunting and after talking with Jared about the potential closures decided against it. Jared made it clear that he had no intention of dropping hunters on top of each other after the closure.

OP
F
I am not looking for a refund or sympathy. I am just informing others of his business practice. He is not honest. He told me the closure would not go through, it happens every year and to send the money in. If he had any inclination that it would happen he should have spoke up. I completely understand the rules of the contract and that's why I haven't pursued the legal route. I am just informing others of my experience when dealing with Golden Eagle.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
I am not looking for a refund or sympathy. I am just informing others of his business practice. He is not honest. He told me the closure would not go through, it happens every year and to send the money in. If he had any inclination that it would happen he should have spoke up. I completely understand the rules of the contract and that's why I haven't pursued the legal route. I am just informing others of my experience when dealing with Golden Eagle.
We’ll be sure to include his offers of taking you on another trip for something else which is likely outside the contract you signed.

You’re not looking for a refund? 😂

OP
F
Obviously you got your money back or chose the fishing trip. I signed a contract to be dropped for caribou. They denied that and did not fulfil their agreement. Plane and simple, no pun intended!!!!!

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Obviously you got your money back or chose the fishing trip. I signed a contract to be dropped for caribou. They denied that and did not fulfil their agreement. Plane and simple, no pun intended!!!!!
You’re stuck on the contract. What did it the contract say? Post it up.

I would recommend in the future to do a DIY hunt. That’s the problem with going semi guided, it’s another layer where your success is dependent on someone else.

I didn’t go fishing or get my money back. I’ve only met Jared one time and it was obvious he’s shady. Nothing but great things to say about his brothers and father though.

Legend

WKR
Nonrefundable does not mean that GE can change the contract and not deliver on the hunt.

Small claims court is the way.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Nonrefundable does not mean that GE can change the contract and not deliver on the hunt.

Small claims court is the way.
Good luck in small claims court! Hope you get your money back. Could you PM your contract?