Kotzebou Golden Eagle

This goes back a few year but wanted to see if anyone has been updated or refunded. Just before the closure we gave Golden Eagle $6000 to reserve transportation for a caribou hunt. We had heard rumors of the closure but they assured us that it wouldn't happen. We called and they said we have nothing to worry about, this happens every year. Well, the shut down went through and they told us they would not be taking in hunters. This is what we have been told the last couple years as well.

We had heard very good things about Golden eagle but that sure doesn't seem to be the case. Not sure how much money they took and provided no services??? But in the past year they did purchase a new 10 passenger Otter. Thier argument is that a contract was signed but they directly told us that the closure would not happen and to send money to reserve spot. Beware when scheduling and don't trust what is said.

We booked with them in April 2021 for a 2022 hunt. I just consider that money gone now. I understand the closure is out of their control, but what irks me is the complete lack of any communication about it or any alternative plan. Last email we received was in January of 2023. Lacks professionalism.

Last edited:
You would think they could fly us around in that Otter we all bought them.

Absolutely no communication. No follow up. No "we haven't forgotten about you." No attempt at all by them.

They did offer to take us fishing... Not what I'm in it for

For an operation that was very reputable, they sure seem to have decided they had enough revenue without hunters.