Knives

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
are there many options for a decent fixed blade replaceable blade knife out there? cant seem to find any quickly besides Gerbers new vital fixed blade

Fixed blade replaceable blade, as in a knife with both blade options? Havalon does make a few, linked below. What happens if you loose your dual blade knife though? I think I'd rather have a lightweight scalpel, and fixed blade knife, as two separate instruments.

Sorry, i meant a replaceable blade knife that doesn't fold. Gerber is the only one i can find that has a replaceable blade with a straight handle.
see link : https://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Fixed/Vital-Fixed-Blade_31-003006

I dont like the folding knives as the channel where the blade folds into seems to always get filled with dried blood/fat/hair and is difficult at times to clean.

Sorry, i meant a replaceable blade knife that doesn't fold. Gerber is the only one i can find that has a replaceable blade with a straight handle.
see link : https://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Fixed/Vital-Fixed-Blade_31-003006

I dont like the folding knives as the channel where the blade folds into seems to always get filled with dried blood/fat/hair and is difficult at times to clean.

Tyto and a scalpel handle off amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MojoTX

Lil-Rokslider
I am a new fan of White River knives. I held the backpacker pro in my hand at the store and the fit was just right so I had to take it home.

3” fixed blade - just over $100. Made out of really good steal.

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
I used Victorinox parers forever. Switched to a Havalon a few years ago and prefer it slightly in the field. I’ve carried a Buck 110 for years, use it for gutting/gland duty and cutting of heads. I could easily leave that heavy thing at home, but I’ve used it on so many critters I feel bad when I don’t pack it anymore.

I’ve bought plenty of custom knives...very nice. Ingram’s and Joel Clark’s were my favorite. But, they just weren’t my thing. Sold them all and went back to he Buck and Vicky/Havalon. Carry a small Spyserco in my pocket. That gets me by and I haven’t wanted much else for a while now.