Knives with a bit of belly

Slalomnorth

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll add my two cents in here. You can have a knife with a lot of belly, but still only be able to use a small portion of the edge.

When it comes to knife design there’s a few things that a lot of hunting knives are lacking. You need adequate finger clearance to put your knuckles more in line with the edge (this is why kitchen knives are so tall, to provide the finger clearance). Things like guards and dropped handles are only hurting your ability to use the entire edge. Things I do to alleviate these problems are offsetting the handle (think Canadian belt knife), and just doing a finger choil instead of any kind of guard (allows the fingers to tuck further up to put you more in line with the edge). You obviously still want belly to the knife but you don’t need as much with these design aspects.

There’s a lot of hunting knives out there (even high end stuff) where I really do think the design is flawed and inferior. Checkout the custom knives thread if you’re interested in seeing any of the stuff I make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajf243

FNG
My dad had Rudy Ruana make this for me. His son in law had taken over and this knife is likely one of the last knives he ever made. This blade didn't follow the standard offerings he had, it was close to his 14b but had more belly and tip

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-17 091942.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-17 091942.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 25