Knight 45 SS - At the Dinger Farm

I was able to make a quick run to the Dinger farm Saturday afternoon, the weather was just to dang nice to stay home. I really wanted to shoot this second Knight Ulite SS that I recently traded for.

45-W-SS-056.jpg

Basically, this shoot was the same shoot I performed with the Nitride Ulite at the Rock Pit only this time much closer to home.

After installing a new bare primer breech and shimming it to be a good with Winchester W209's. I then bore sighted it with an inexpensive barrel laser bore sight. I was really hoping that I would have the same good luck that I had with the ULite. I thought it was really lucky that I got so close last week.

Got to the farm, set up the tailgate work bench and the collapsible shooting bench. Stapled a target to the target board. I then took the target to 50 yards + I also setup a couple of clay birds at 50. I had decided to shoot the cold clean barrel at the birds, then shoot the target with what I call a semi clean bore. The load was once again 120gr. by volume of BH 209, a MMP 40x45 tan sabot and a Lehigh 40x200CF-HP Copper bullet. I should mention I really hate using BH for target/recreational shooting - just too darn expensive!!! But then again, I was in Tri State the other day and they did have some T7 powder but it was nearly $40 a bottle - terrible price!

Tailgate-Work-Bench.jpg

I was able to score on the two 50 yd birds then I went to shoot the target to see where the bullets were going to hit the paper. I was really happy with the 3 shots on the paper.

50-yd-Sight-In.jpg

I did then move the scope two clicks right. At this point I had enough of shooting paper I wanted to shoot something breaks when shot. So I grabbed the range finder and 3 birds, walked out in the spring wheat field and set the 3 birds for shooting.

100-yd-Birds.jpg

This pic was taken after the first shot. The first I held the cross hair right at bottom of the left bird and took the shot. I appears that I shot just barely over the top of the bird but close enough to cause the bird to fall back flat on the ground. I then turned the scope down 4 clicks and destroyed the last two birds.

It was another good day - wish I had more time to shoot more. Maybe later this week.

Mtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! Love reading your threads. It’s been nice weather for sure to go out and shoot

sneaky

"DADDY"
That's about $1.50/ shot for BH209 in today's market lol. But you already knew that!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
sabotloader
True - but thank gosh the BH I have is several years old and wasn't near that costly. Yet even today T7 has moved way up the ladder in cost - but at least it is a full pound.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, I've seen BH209 anywhere between $59-65 for 10oz. That's insanity. But, like everything else, it probably isn't going to come down in the near future.

As a side note, some of the guys who work at Knight used to come in to my archery shop I had in Tennessee. I was just about 30min from their place. Always regretted not taking them up on trading for one of their muzzleloaders lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ENCORE

WKR
From another site.........

"Blackhorn 209....Here it is people....I spoke with the VP of Hodgdon Powder today on the phone.I was told that Blackhorn IS NOT made in the U.S. and at the present time it WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE the rest of this year!!!! I was told that the company that makes it now is a "small" company and they produce it as fast as they can but they also make other powders. He told me that as soon as this ordeal with it is over it would NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN as they would make more of it when it's made. I discussed with him about some places have it and they would only sell 1 10oz. container at a time and that they were asking a higher price than it normally sells far,he was interested in hearing that. He stated that the demand for it has went sky high and that the problem that they have now WOULD NOT happen again after this drought on it is over!!!!!!!!!!!"

Imagine when the retailers find this out. T7 and the others will go through the roof prices.

Wait is what broke the wagon..................

OP
sabotloader
From another site.........

"Blackhorn 209....Here it is people....I spoke with the VP of Hodgdon Powder today on the phone.I was told that Blackhorn IS NOT made in the U.S. and at the present time it WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE the rest of this year!!!! I was told that the company that makes it now is a "small" company and they produce it as fast as they can but they also make other powders. He told me that as soon as this ordeal with it is over it would NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN as they would make more of it when it's made. I discussed with him about some places have it and they would only sell 1 10oz. container at a time and that they were asking a higher price than it normally sells far,he was interested in hearing that. He stated that the demand for it has went sky high and that the problem that they have now WOULD NOT happen again after this drought on it is over!!!!!!!!!!!"

Imagine when the retailers find this out. T7 and the others will go through the roof prices.

Wait is what broke the wagon..................
Thanks for the update Encore