Knife sharpener

How Does everyone keep their knives sharp in the field. Yes I have a replaceable blade knife but still curious on lightweight knife sharpeners.

I just have a short honing steel, works great with quality knives as long as you don’t let them get too far gone.
If you have good knives steer clear of the carbide pull through type. They take too much meat and will ruin the edge of a good knife.
I recently saw that worksharp makes a pocket size sharpener now that looks pretty promising and I’m pretty sure I’ll have one of those soon.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Spiderco ceramic pocket stone. Shapton bench stones at home.

Other than a box cutter in the garage, I don't use replaceable blade knives. Currently everything I carry is S90V, holds an edge well enough to justify the extra time needed to sharpen.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Recent thread on that

Knife sharpener in your kill kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corey006

Lil-Rokslider
This. Close thread.

Has 2 diamond stones, leather strop, ceramic sharpener for curved gut hooks, fish hook sharpener.

Has angle guide.

Will put a razors edge on any knife in less than 5 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908_175314_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908_175314_com.brave.browser.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 95

Ronin

FNG
This. Close thread.

Has 2 diamond stones, leather strop, ceramic sharpener for curved gut hooks, fish hook sharpener.

Has angle guide.

Will put a razors edge on any knife in less than 5 minutes.
+1 on this

Gini54

FNG
I carry a Smith's 2 step knife sharpener, it's simple to use and bright yellow in case you drop it.