Kni-Co Alsaskan Wall Tent Stove

Anyone have a Kni-Co Alaskan wood stove? What do you think about the Alaskan vs a Camp Chef barrel stove? This is for a 12x14 wall tent.

OP
G
Anyone have one? I bought a Camp Chef Heavy Duty Alpine stove and need to decide if I want to keep it. What I don't like is it is heavy (74lbs) and the legs seem a little shaky. The Kni-Co Alaskan is 18 lbs and similar dimensions. I just wonder how it performs for burn time. It seems to sit pretty low too.

We used the Kni-Co Alaskan in New Mexico in November. Had a cold front blow in so we needed the stove for sure. Overall I liked how it worked. I don't think it would "hold heat" as much as the Camp Chef due to the lighter weight but the burn time is likely a function of the wood and the capacity of the stove - so they would likely be similar. We were burning dry cedar and it would last 2-3 hours. Our goal - even when truck camping is to go as light as possible so we can fit everything.

OP
G
Thanks went with the Camp Chef, but Kni-Co looks like a good one to horse or 4wheel pack in with. I didn't get to give it much use but I might still try to pick up a larger barrel stove like a Colorado Cylinder Stove in the off season.