Knees over toes program

Mikedr

WKR
I had a patellar tendon rupture last summer. I’ve been doing some of his free exercises and stretches. They have helped out quite a bit. I felt like I hit a wall in my physical therapy and his stuff pushed me a little farther.

Seeknelk

WKR
It's a very helpful type of work. No downsides. Reverse sled drags are the bread and butter.
Helps a lot.
Another thing that REALLY helped me with some weird , knee pain I had was flossing the knee area with voodoo bands. Basically wrapping tightly above and below knee with large stretchy bands and then doing squats. Amazing stuff. And I'd tried foam roller, priming movements, yoga etc. The bands get in there and help in stick , stuck things, I think. And you get a great surge of blood back after taking bands off .
Anyway, I got wide and narrow voodoo bands from rogue. Worth it!

Mikido

WKR
I’m enjoying the KOT zero program. I’m about about halfway through MTN tough 45-70 program and see big strength gains, but my knees are dragging behind. This has been a great supplement.

$25 first month and cancel anytime is a no brainer.

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a mention of this on here a couple weeks ago. I'd always heard the "never let your knees go past your toes" advice. And my knees always hurt if I run, jump, hike downhill a lot..... I just figured I'm 55, and that's the way it is now. But maybe not. I looked up KOTG on YouTube and watched several videos. Subscribed to his program, bought a couple Rogue sleds (for my son and I), a tib bar, a pair of Monkey Feet, and we've been adding a lot of KOTG stuff to our training. We're doing a couple days of full body weight lifting (squat, lunge, hinge, push, pull, and carry movements), a couple days of MtnTough HP20, and a day of arms, shoulders, calves. Just a few days of the KOTG stuff has my knees feeling better. I haven't ran, so that'll be the test. I bought a Rogue Echo bike to "run" on (standing) in the HP20 workouts. After a couple more weeks of KOTG, I'll run instead of bike to see if there's any progress on my knees.

Gold54bs

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a mention of this on here a couple weeks ago. I'd always heard the "never let your knees go past your toes" advice. And my knees always hurt if I run, jump, hike downhill a lot..... I just figured I'm 55, and that's the way it is now. But maybe not. I looked up KOTG on YouTube and watched several videos. Subscribed to his program, bought a couple Rogue sleds (for my son and I), a tib bar, a pair of Monkey Feet, and we've been adding a lot of KOTG stuff to our training. We're doing a couple days of full body weight lifting (squat, lunge, hinge, push, pull, and carry movements), a couple days of MtnTough HP20, and a day of arms, shoulders, calves. Just a few days of the KOTG stuff has my knees feeling better. I haven't ran, so that'll be the test. I bought a Rogue Echo bike to "run" on (standing) in the HP20 workouts. After a couple more weeks of KOTG, I'll run instead of bike to see if there's any progress on my knees.

Have you still been seeing improvements with the KOTG program? Started to notice my knees hurt a little bit ever sense a injury last year. Nothing bad but want to get ahead of it and stay ahead of the injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Have you still been seeing improvements with the KOTG program? Started to notice my knees hurt a little bit ever sense a injury last year. Nothing bad but want to get ahead of it and stay ahead of the injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far, so good. I haven't run any, but my knees definitely feel good and stronger.

WPT

FNG
A lot of folks deal with knee issues, especially with the downhill and loaded packs, due to weakness within the glutes/hips. The glutes help stabilize our pelvis, which then reduces excessive loading of our knee structures. If our glutes are weak, that excessive mobility in our hips with a pack on or going downhill then either goes to our low backs or our knees..leading to complications in either of those places due to the excessive loading.

KOT may have helped, but don't overlook the "why" you started having problems in the first place. Hope this helps!

I've had IT Band issues in the past from running, and doing hamstring curls and leg extensions was actually a great way to build strength around the area.

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought into Ben's (KOTG) program because I was interested in his shoulder bullet proofing (I've torn a labrum in each shoulder over the years; I had an impingement that was sufficiently bad this summer that I could not lift or practice with the bow in June and July). The upshot for me is that I've been pleased with both the knee and shoulder-centric work in the dense program.

And now my neighbors get to watch me walking backwards attached to a metal sled a few times a week.