Knee pads - always too low

seww

WKR
I just received a pair of SG De Havilland Lite pants incl knee pads. But they end up too low for me, barely covering any part of my knee while kneeling, which is really frustrating.
I'm assuming my legs are just too short... I had the same issue with a pair of Kryptek Alaois pants.

I think I'll go back to my Wranglers and sew knee pads on them...

That blew me away. EVERY pair by every brand has been too high for me. When I kneel I am on the lower seam. always wondered if they actually tried them kneeling or just some model standing. Ya...your legs are too short! LOL

wnelson14

WKR
I just received a pair of SG De Havilland Lite pants incl knee pads. But they end up too low for me, barely covering any part of my knee while kneeling, which is really frustrating.
I'm assuming my legs are just too short... I had the same issue with a pair of Kryptek Alaois pants.

I think I'll go back to my Wranglers and sew knee pads on them...
Same for me

OP
S

seww

WKR
US military combat pants in short....some of the newer models have an adjustable (somewhat) pad pocket.
I have started to look at non-hunting brands, 5.11 have a couple of models, no pad pocket but they have other good things going for them.
I have a pair of Tru-Spec's where the knee pad sits good while kneeling but they are tactical pants, very baggy and lots of velcro...

*zap*

WKR
That blew me away. EVERY pair by every brand has been too high for me. When I kneel I am on the lower seam. always wondered if they actually tried them kneeling or just some model standing. Ya...your legs are too short! LOL
try tall pants size.

OP
S

seww

WKR
Haha yeah it's gotta be me right?? Not sure how to extend my legs... 🙂

*zap*

WKR
tru specs are not made as well as combat pants....if you can get past the multicam or acu digital then combat pants in short may be the way to go. I wear both of those camo patterns for work but the multicam gets the least amount of comments from people.

OP
S

seww

WKR
tru specs are not made as well as combat pants....if you can get past the multicam or acu digital then combat pants in short may be the way to go. I wear both of those camo patterns for work but the multicam gets the least amount of comments from people.
Any particular brand that makes them or do you mean surplus? Found many different kinds on google but also seem kind of baggy.
Would prefer a solid color but beggars can't be choosers...

*zap*

WKR
surplus....ebay. Combat pants have knee pad pockets, other surplus pants do not have knee pad pockets-vehicle crew pants, etc. Those are my go to work/play pants and I have 8 pair of sitka/kuiu pants. Try a pair in acu digital in short, that camo is pretty inexpensive on ebay. That is the older army digital camo that no one liked. I do not think marine corp pants have knee pad pockets.

OP
S

seww

WKR
surplus....ebay. Combat pants have knee pad pockets, other surplus pants do not have knee pad pockets-vehicle crew pants, etc. Those are my go to work/play pants and I have 8 pair of sitka/kuiu pants. Try a pair in acu digital in short, that camo is pretty inexpensive on ebay. That is the older army digital camo that no one liked. I do not think marine corp pants have knee pad pockets.
Will do, thanks!

OP
S

seww

WKR
Wearing the pants now, with knee pads. They are just under my knees standing up. When kneeling, I do get like an inch of cover on my knees, so good but not great.
They're also a bit long, would need to hem like 2 inches... bah...

bruno59

WKR
some of my pants are like that with knee pads all i do with those pants is wear gaiters it will hold your knee pads right were you want them i wear gaiters most of the time anyways so it works out perfect

OP
S

seww

WKR
some of my pants are like that with knee pads all i do with those pants is wear gaiters it will hold your knee pads right were you want them i wear gaiters most of the time anyways so it works out perfect
Aha good idea! I do wear gaiters most of the time too. Gotta try that out, thanks!

*zap*

WKR
Wearing the pants now, with knee pads. They are just under my knees standing up. When kneeling, I do get like an inch of cover on my knees, so good but not great.
They're also a bit long, would need to hem like 2 inches... bah...
you got some uniform pants already?

I have the same issue with the SG DH. I love the pants, but I really wish the knee pads worked.

OP
S

seww

WKR
I have the same issue with the SG DH. I love the pants, but I really wish the knee pads worked.
Yup. I'm returning them and trying something else. Probably without knee pads. The SG DHL are so long too, not sure I want to hem a pair of $180-pants...