Kisser button vs nose vs both

Junibravo

FNG
I am shooting a hoyt rx4, 65#, 29inch. I have previously been shooting a kisser button and this year am thinking of adding my nose to the kisser button and my release hand as an additional anchor point hoping to make my shooting more consistent. In my mind the more anchor points the better.
Any thoughts? Pros/cons?

Bump79

WKR
I am shooting a hoyt rx4, 65#, 29inch. I have previously been shooting a kisser button and this year am thinking of adding my nose to the kisser button and my release hand as an additional anchor point hoping to make my shooting more consistent. In my mind the more anchor points the better.
Any thoughts? Pros/cons?
I personally feel that the nose button gives a better anchor. It depends on the person. My face to arm anchor is super solid.. but my nose to string not as much. It makes more sense geometry wise being the nose is further away from your hand/face anchor.

I didn't realize how much it helped until I got one. The Bomar nose button is cheap really. Not much to it but works

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Started using a Bowmar nose button and got rid of the kisser 2 seasons ago and it has really helped me out. Hitting that nose button seemed easier to repeat and much quicker find. A kisser was tough to locate sometimes with facial hair or when it was really cold but you can easily feel the spikes on that nose button without hardly any string pressure.

4ester

WKR
I think if you install both it’s gonna feel awkward if your using a slider sight, because your gonna have to adjust to look through your peep at further distances.

I changed to a nose button last year and you can really feel those points on your snoz. I still kinda miss that kisser on the corner of my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerman

FNG
Hand or knuckle on your cheek, string touching tip of nose, and looking straight thru the peep sight without any adjustments gives you 3 solid anchor points. How many more does a person need? Best of luck on whatever direction you choose!

Reactions: OMB
I was a hand on the cheek and touch my nose to the string guy forever, but saw several people with a kisser button and decided to give it a try and I've stuck with it ever since.

Kisser button in the corner of my mouth, tip of my nose touching the string.. works well for me.

Vandy321

WKR
Sounds to me like a crutch, not a fix. If your current anchor points are solid and you're still not shooting consistent, I'd be shooting more, or find good a coach to rule out any bad habits.

wapitibob

WKR
If you have a moveable, single pin sight and center your housing in the peep at all distances, which many internet pundants preach, a nose button is worthless ...

If you're shooting a non moveable, multi pin hunting sight and centering the housing, a nose button will be better than a kisser button.

If you have a single pin moveable sight and follow the lead of one of the best in the world (Perkins), your anchor stays the same and the housing floats. In that instance the nose button would also work well.

Last edited:
If you have a single pin moveable sight and follow the lead of one of the best in the world (Perkins), your anchor stays the same and the housing floats. In that instance the nose button would also work well.

The dude can shoot, no question about that. But his whole form has always weirded me out. He shoots off his back leg, canted way back, with what seems like even his head turned back.

I don't know if he has much choice with what he sees out of his peep.

It's also not uncommon to hear his release click when he is halfway drawn back.

I'm not meaning anything bad about the guy at all, he is one of the best. Just weird to watch him shoot, but shoot well he does.

I have always tried to line up the sight house with my peep but the nose button sounds like a great thing. Like you, I had a kisser but got rid of it. Thanks for the post.

Marble

WKR
I think the point that Wapiti brought up is fairly to the point. If you end up sliding your housing your peep angle /anchor will change.

The second reason I began shooting a hinge and button was to help with a more consistent anchor. I always struggled with the trigger. Started with a hinge it improved everything.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Elkhntr08

WKR
Release hand on jawbone, side of nose touching the string and pin housing centered in peep. Those are my 3 points of anchor.
Used to shoot a kiss, don’t remember why I quit. Haven’t missed it, so don’t worry about it or a nose button.
Besides, Bowmars will starve to death before they get a penny of my money.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone has their own process or specific anchor points/methods. But if you use the tip of your nose as one of those points, the nose button seems to work well. The little pointy things help with a face mask on too. I even had to sand them down a bit because of how sharp they are, on my nose. The other advantage I have seen is some people tend to pull their release hand back and around their head in a attempt to register their traditional kisser button. Usually leads to more face contact with the string itself. Inconsistent release becomes common with left to right issues. And again, just my observations. Use it if it works for you.

wapitibob

WKR
The dude can shoot, no question about that. But his whole form has always weirded me out. He shoots off his back leg, canted way back, with what seems like even his head turned back.

I don't know if he has much choice with what he sees out of his peep.

It's also not uncommon to hear his release click when he is halfway drawn back.

I'm not meaning anything bad about the guy at all, he is one of the best. Just weird to watch him shoot, but shoot well he does.

I watched Reo in a WA shoot in Europe somewhere and once he came to full draw you could see him falling sideways. He'd more in relation to the back drop and it was like wth??

I watched Reo in a WA shoot in Europe somewhere and once he came to full draw you could see him falling sideways. He'd more in relation to the back drop and it was like wth??

I feel like there's about 8 things you are supposed to do right with your form.

If anyone actually hits 6 of those 8 they are doing pretty good.