Kimber Montana brake

Trees91

WKR
Got myself a new Montana in 6.5 and ordered a brake for it from Midwest gunworks. It’s a little proud compared to the barrel. The one that came with my mountain ascent fits flush unlike this one. Has anyone had this issue? I’m almost thinking it’s a Adirondack brake. Not sure if it’s worth having a smith turn it down.
This is the one I ordered

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
Hard to tell, buts it’s far from flush. Makes no difference besides being a bit of an eye sore.
8B1B2745-FCE4-4D94-8C0F-1B22053602B0.jpeg

I’ve had three Kimber brakes on my rifles. A Subalpine and Montana in 280 AI and a MA 270. The brakes on those matched up with the barrel profile a little better than the one in your pic, but I definitely wouldn’t worry much about the one you have as it’s pretty close. If it really bothers you, see if you can exchange it for a different one, though I would guess the new one might be the same.

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
I might contact Kimber and see what they say. Or maybe Midwest gun works and see if there’s a difference between 84s and 8400s or Montanas and Adirondacks. I would think the Adirondack’s would be a slightly larger outside diameter beings how the barrel is shorter.