Kimber Hunter Pro vs Browning X Bolt Hell's Canyon vs CA Mesa

A shop nearby has used models of these three rifles all around $900-1000. All in comparably good condition. More than I was looking to spend, but since these look to go for $1200-1400 new I'm tempted. Browning's X Bolt portfolio is a nightmare but as far as I can tell the gun I'm looking at is the discontinued Hell's Canyon Speed.

I want a light (sub 6.5 pound) rifle that I don't have to mess with. Something that will shoot factory ammo reliably and function well while out hunting. I'll probably never shoot past 400 yards.

What would you choose? Or should I Just Buy A Tikka (TM)

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
One vote for the Browning HC Speed. I have one in 6CM. Love it. Nice rifle. Take a look at the review Form did on the XB2. I'm not aware of a lot of changes in the XB1 vs XB2

OP
F
One vote for the Browning HC Speed. I have one in 6CM. Love it. Nice rifle. Take a look at the review Form did on the XB2. I'm not aware of a lot of changes in the XB1 vs XB2
Thanks, appreciate the opinion. What's the difference between the regular X Bolt and the Hell's Canyon subbrand? All I can see from the website is a camo paint job, Cerakote, and a fluted barrel that saves 3 oz. Is there a more substantive difference to justify the higher price?

Xbolt is your safest bet, out of the box, no tinkering. I’ve had 2 HCs in the past and both were shooters.
Kimber is a good starting point if you want to make a true UL rifle but you’re likely going to have to work on it.
Mesa is solid IF you get a good one. If you were going to swap stocks or shoot a barrel out, this would have the most aftermarket support.

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Considering your max is 400 yards, all should do just fine, I have had issues with all the options, but that’s only in my expectations of 1/2 moa or better with hand loads, at 400 yards shouldn’t have any problems