Kifaru Woodsman question .

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you running the Kifaru Woodsman or having experience with it , do you think it could be pushed out for 3-4 days with the guide lid and two med belt pouches or the spotting scope pocket and same ????
Looking at it for primarily a day pack for whitetail but am saving for a archery elk trip and would rather not buy two packs .

cheers

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have one, but judging by the specs of the bag and lid I would say no problem with an average amount of gear and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

geriggs

If u have a 26 in frame u can run a dry sack or pod underneath bag. I bet u could push it to 7 days if u put a dry bag between the bag and frame on the load shelf. Plus pockets on the side. No prob

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Ya a 26" frame would be my suggestion. I'm 6'2" and just got a 26" frame and it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a woodsman.

You could absolutely extend it to 3-4 days. You might need to tie a pod or sack on the bottom with your bedding and clothes. Alternatively get a stuff sack or dry bag and mount it on the meat shelf and strap the pack over it. Dump your camp bag and hunt with the woodsman.

FWIW I am also 6'2, I have a 26 inch frame but it wears a bigger pack. I run my woodsman on a 22 inch frame for eastern whitetail. I use it as a day pack that can haul meat. It is usually about 1/3 full with and weighs about 20 with pack and gear so load lift isn't an issue until I get lucky. I prefer the more compact profile of the 22 for busting brush as I often do.

Stickinit

FNG
Yes, the Woodsman can easily handle 3-4 days. It extends to 4000 ci with the roll top lid up. With the Guide lid, and you're at 5200 ci. And as Desk Jockey mentioned, you can always use the meat shelf to add a dry sack.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have that pack but I could easily do it, especially with the guide lid. I've done it before with a 3000ci pack and load shelf.