Kifaru Woobie - Now with Apex insulation

armyjoe

Super Moderator
We just wanted to let everyone know that the Woobies are starting to roll out with APEX insulation in them. The only color right now that is shipping with APEX is Multicam and the other colors will start to come back from production and ship within the next month.

The new weight is 1.7lbs

Last edited:
The only color right now that is shipping with APEX is Multicam and the other colors will start to come back from production and ship within the next month.
So does the quoted statement mean if we order a non-multicam woobie now, we will get the old combat insulation? What do you mean "come back from production"?

Also, are woobie/doobie expresses included in this too?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So does the quoted statement mean if we order a non-multicam woobie now, we will get the old combat insulation? What do you mean "come back from production"?

Also, are woobie/doobie expresses included in this too?

Yes, just the MC woobies have Apex insulation right now.

Coming back from production mean, coming back from our sewers (home sewers in our area).

gmajor

WKR
We just wanted to let everyone know that the Woobies are starting to roll out with APEX insulation in them. The only color right now that is shipping with APEX is Multicam and the other colors will start to come back from production and ship within the next month.

The new weight is 1.7lbs

Hey joe, is that 1lb 7oz, or 1lb 11oz (1.7lbs)?

Jtreeman

FNG
So I have one on order now (highlander), due to ship in a couple weeks or so. Will this be the new insulation? If not can I wait for it? Thanks

--Jim

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
I'd also like to get in line for a highlander, unless it'll come in mandrake. Aron, is there a way to order now, or is it just gonna be a waiting game.

Digging this thread up for a little bit more specific info. I'm looking to buy another woobie. I have an OLD/shorter gen1 woobie, and an artic woobie. The specs from the Kifaru website are below.

If I'm reading this correctly the new woobie has almost as much insulation as the doobie, and the new woobie also has the more insulating apex insulation. So...why get the doobie?

Woobie Weight: 1lb 15oz
Dimensions: 60 X 93 inches*
Insulation: uses 3.6oz / square yard Apex insulation

Doobie Weight: 2lbs 2oz
Dimensions: 60 X 93 inches*
Insulation: uses 4oz / square yard Climashield insulation