kifaru shoulder straps

c5mrr270

WKR
I have a dt3 I'm trying to dial in the fit on and was wondering if kifaru has different size shoulder straps. I'm wondering because I have sucked the straps in as far as they will go and it seems like they need to go further in. I bought the pack used from a guy much taller than me and I have a short torso anyway so I was curious.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
5'9" but a 17" torso. The guy I bought it off of was 6'2"-6'4" I think.

unm1136

WKR
Did you disassemble the frame and work with the pullies under the pads? I got my EMR used and had to do a bunch of adjustment when I got it. There is a video stickey in the apperently newly updated (nice job, too btw) Kifaru website. It is not as hard as it seems, and Aron and Kevin(?) Walk you through it pretty well. Otherwise, I would say call Mel or Angie, since we know where Aron is, or wait and call him. I wouldn't send it back until I had tried all those steps.

pat

There is a video stickey in the apperently newly updated (nice job, too btw) Kifaru website. [/QUOTE]

The Kifau Forum is much improved. Wow. Looks good

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
Cmeier, to answer your question from the other thread, I do not have the straps clear down by the lumbar pad. I have slid the straps as far down in the back pads as I can get them to go.

Cmeier, to answer your question from the other thread, I do not have the straps clear down by the lumbar pad. I have slid the straps as far down in the back pads as I can get them to go.

and where is the waistbelt sitting on you? (mainly that center seam in the waisbelt and the lumbar pad)

cmeier117

WKR
Now I got you. You must not be wearing pack properly. If you go to the over thread I started it should help you out. I had a lady with a 15" torso wearing my Duplex frame last week so you must be wearing your pack too high on your hips.