Kifaru Multicam Discontinued?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Think of the sales increase if kifaru made packs in Sub alpine or Verde 2.0. Yes I realize Aron would sooner jump off a cliff than pay royalties to kuiu.

pirogue

WKR
Correction. We will launch the new website monday the 27th. both 26" and 24" will be in stock and also some new products we will be launched next week as well.
Wasn’t you just complaining about all the different sku and pallets of material that moved to WY? Lay off those R&D guys, and quit discontinuing favorites for new packs, and redesigning packs that don’t need redesigned, like moving a handle from the top to the 2:00 position.

pirogue

WKR
And I’ve been saying I’d never sell my Timberline 3 pack, because it was a 3 hour hunt pack, or a 3 night bivy pack. Now I’ll never sell it because of the above, and, I can’t replace MC.

Wasn’t you just complaining about all the different sku and pallets of material that moved to WY? Lay off those R&D guys, and quit discontinuing favorites for new packs, and redesigning packs that don’t need redesigned, like moving a handle from the top to the 2:00 position.
I’m guessing they will keep doing what they need to do to sell packs, and they know what sells and what doesn’t

Nostalgia doesn’t pay bills

pirogue

WKR
I’m guessing they will keep doing what they need to do to sell packs, and they know what sells and what doesn’t

Nostalgia doesn’t pay bills
Change has also killed many companies. Take JAX beer, from the Jackson Brewing CO in New Orleans. Was about the, if not the, cheapest beer in the store. Main drinkers were lower income, maybe less educated folks. The company had this wild idea to change the name, big promotional campaign,
etc. Name was changed to Fabacher. You guessed it, the long time clientele could’nt pronounce it. Sales plummeted, and the Jackson Brewery is history.

Change has also killed many companies. Take JAX beer, from the Jackson Brewing CO in New Orleans. Was about the, if not the, cheapest beer in the store. Main drinkers were lower income, maybe less educated folks. The company had this wild idea to change the name, big promotional campaign,
etc. Name was changed to Fabacher. You guessed it, the long time clientele could’nt pronounce it. Sales plummeted, and the Jackson Brewery is history.
They discontinued a color that didn’t sell well, they didn’t change their name 😂 I’m struggling to see the parallel

I think kifaru will be ok without MC, considering it didn’t sell well. I get what you’re saying, but they are killing it as a company, they could get away with a lot more than discontinuing an unpopular color… they aren’t a women’s clothing company, they sell hunting backpacks

They are a smart company, and they sold out in a couple days on a wallet that wasn’t even a wallet, and they never claimed to be a wallet company, haha.

Getting as big as they are, I assume they have to create ways to be efficient to keep up, and getting rid of skus and colors that don’t sell makes perfect business sense.

tony

WKR
And the already crazy Kifaru prices on eBay will double
”Spec Ops, Devgru, special forces Kifaru x ray in multi cam $1500.00 buy it now, shipping $50.00
No low ballers, I know what I have!

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
MC probably would have sold more if it wasn't $30 more.
MC costs more partly because of waste during production. Component patterns have to be arranged so the camo is oriented properly. Depending on component size, this can waste a lot of material, and off-cuts can't always be used efficiently, especially in a large production operation.

Also, materials cost substantially more, I believe because the camo pattern is owned by a private company. If so, licensing fees are probably in play.

While painful on the wallet, Kifaru's upcharge seemed reasonable to me.

MC costs more partly because of waste during production. Component patterns have to be arranged so the camo is oriented properly. Depending on component size, this can waste a lot of material, and off-cuts can't always be used efficiently, especially in a large production operation.

Also, materials cost substantially more, I believe because the camo pattern is owned by a private company. If so, licensing fees are probably in play.

While painful on the wallet, Kifaru's upcharge seemed reasonable to me.
No body else charged more for MC