Kifaru Internal frames?

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
Is there much of a comfort and fit difference between Kifaru's internal frame packs vs their duplex lite?

If someone was not going to use the meat shelf and would be hauling more like 30-50lbs, would you recommend they go with an internal frame or is the duplex lite still more comfortable/better fitting for most?

Sadler

WKR
For me, I never noticed a difference between my 24” duplex lite frame and the 357 mag internal frame pack. The entire belt and suspension system seemed to be the exact same minus one frame being internal vs external.

OP
M

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
For me, I never noticed a difference between my 24” duplex lite frame and the 357 mag internal frame pack. The entire belt and suspension system seemed to be the exact same minus one frame being internal vs external.

Does that go for the lumbar pad as well? That looks like the only thing that might by slightly different based on what I've seen, but if it's completely identical, that's intriguing...

Sadler

WKR
I’m pretty sure they’re the same. I know there’s a “skid plate” behind the lumbar pad in the 357 to help keep it from barreling? I think that’s the reason anyways but that may make it look a little different. Felt the same though.

adamm88

WKR
Depends what pack you run with internal frame, i have a 14er and that has a omni belt, i actually like that frame more than my external frame, it fits my back and can snug it down more my only downside when it gets to cold weather layering i run out of room in my 14er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went through this decision myself. I’ve mainly ran packs from Exo Mountain, Hill People Gear, and Eberlestock, but I’ve wanted to check out Kifaru for awhile. I was debating between a 44 Mag and a Kutthroat. I ended up going with a Kutthroat. I don’t have any experience with Kifaru’s external frames, but so far I’ve been very pleased with the Kutthroat. I plan on using it as a backpacking rig.

I might get a 44 Mag as well when the 24” frames get back in stock.