Kifaru Gun Bearer Issue - Poor CS Experience?

bsnedeker

WKR
So I have to say I'm pretty disappointed and a bit surprised by Kifaru on this one and I'd like to hear if you guys think I'm being unreasonable. I've had a gun bearer for as long as I've had a Kifaru. Last year I bought one of the Hunter Lite frames and moved my gun bearer over to that frame. I used it last fall elk and deer hunting and by the end of the season the 3-bar slider on the shoulder strap that the upper portion of the gun bearer connects to was bent at an almost 90 degree angle (pictures below). Unfortunately this slider is sewn in so you can't just swap it out.

So I contact Kifaru CS and I just heard from them that they aren't going to do anything about it. They said I can try bending it back to straight with a pair of pliers "to get a little more life out of it" but when it inevitably snaps I would have to buy new shoulder straps from them at full retail price. I'm pretty disappointed by this response. Considering I didn't have this issue with my previous frame using the same gun bearer in the same way with the same weapon (no extra weight on the gun) I don't think this is user error so I was basically expecting them to take care of it.

What do you guys think? I've only had one other warranty issue with Kifaru in the past and they couldn't have handled it better so maybe I'm just expecting too much? Either way I'm not going to try to fight them on this...just curious what you all might think.

Attachments

• 20210520_124421.jpg
    20210520_124421.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 20210520_124433.jpg
    20210520_124433.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 375
I don't know about your slider but the last time I called to order a gun bearer, the guy I spoke to was super unfriendly and pretty much told me to order it from the website. My previous gun bearer cost a ridiculous amount for shipping considering I'm only an hour from them, so I called for the second one based on advice from here. I know half this site could crush diamonds with their kifaru hard-on but I thought the dude's tone was pretty lame.

i8urcat

FNG
So I have to say I'm pretty disappointed and a bit surprised by Kifaru on this one and I'd like to hear if you guys think I'm being unreasonable. I've had a gun bearer for as long as I've had a Kifaru. Last year I bought one of the Hunter Lite frames and moved my gun bearer over to that frame. I used it last fall elk and deer hunting and by the end of the season the 3-bar slider on the shoulder strap that the upper portion of the gun bearer connects to was bent at an almost 90 degree angle (pictures below). Unfortunately this slider is sewn in so you can't just swap it out.

So I contact Kifaru CS and I just heard from them that they aren't going to do anything about it. They said I can try bending it back to straight with a pair of pliers "to get a little more life out of it" but when it inevitably snaps I would have to buy new shoulder straps from them at full retail price. I'm pretty disappointed by this response. Considering I didn't have this issue with my previous frame using the same gun bearer in the same way with the same weapon (no extra weight on the gun) I don't think this is user error so I was basically expecting them to take care of it.

What do you guys think? I've only had one other warranty issue with Kifaru in the past and they couldn't have handled it better so maybe I'm just expecting too much? Either way I'm not going to try to fight them on this...just curious what you all might think.
That's a bummer. The one I got a couple years ago mounts different. It just has a velcro wrap that goes around the shoulder strap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
That's a bummer. The one I got a couple years ago mounts different. It just has a velcro wrap that goes around the shoulder strap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think you are talking about the Universal Gun Bearer that they still sell. The one I have is specific for Kifaru packs and uses that 3-bar slider. My understanding is that 3-bar slider is only used for their specific gun bearer which makes it really odd to me that I'm having this issue and they aren't going to help me out.

Your post does remind me of another option, I could buy one of those universal bearers instead of replacing the shoulder straps.

Here is my gun bearer. It works awesome. I’ve had nothing but great experience dealing with Kifaru customer service Best customer service I’ve ever dealt with.

Attachments

• 125D6C6A-1B82-422B-B2B7-B5CBB78786DB.jpeg
    125D6C6A-1B82-422B-B2B7-B5CBB78786DB.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 93BCC83B-6958-44B9-AC56-090A09B9EC02.jpeg
    93BCC83B-6958-44B9-AC56-090A09B9EC02.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Banned
OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
Here is my gun bearer. It works awesome. I’ve had nothing but great experience dealing with Kifaru customer service Best customer service I’ve ever dealt with.

Mine is the same with the exception that my 3-bar slider is extremely bent. I'm not sure how many issues you've had to deal with Kifaru CS about, but this is only my second experience. First experience was great, this one was really bad in my opinion.

Mine is the same with the exception that my 3-bar slider is extremely bent. I'm not sure how many issues you've had to deal with Kifaru CS about, but this is only my second experience. First experience was great, this one was really bad in my opinion.
So how did it get bent?

I haven’t had many issues. But been using Kifaru products since 2005. Great company.

i8urcat

FNG
I think you are talking about the Universal Gun Bearer that they still sell. The one I have is specific for Kifaru packs and uses that 3-bar slider. My understanding is that 3-bar slider is only used for their specific gun bearer which makes it really odd to me that I'm having this issue and they aren't going to help me out.

Your post does remind me of another option, I could buy one of those universal bearers instead of replacing the shoulder strap

Yep I think you're right. Might be a good option!

They told me this was normal wear and tear for a 1 season old pack and they would do nothing to replace or repair it.
That something else must be rubbing it.
Even though the hip belt and frame are obviously rubbing through each other.
I'm pretty disappointed as well.

When I sent a follow up email saying this area should be reinforced to prevent wear on the frame and hip belt they ignored me.

I'm not exactly saying my pack is going to blow into pieces. But for how much they brag how tough they are and can't ruin them I didn't expect that wear or the response.

But it does pack weight well.
20200928_190942.jpg20200928_190926.jpg

OP
bsnedeker

bsnedeker

WKR
So how did it get bent?

I haven’t had many issues. But been using Kifaru products since 2005. Great company.
It got bent from using it the same way I had been using it on my duplex hunter. This leads me to believe that it is a defective 3-bar slider.

Stalker69

WKR
Makes EXO sound like a much better choice, thanks for the “ advise”. Greatly appreciated !

gelton

WKR
Your post does remind me of another option, I could buy one of those universal bearers instead of replacing the shoulder straps.

This. Look at it from a manufacturer's standpoint - you had a .25c part fail, that will take a $60 repair job and if you pay the shipping to them and they paid to ship back they are looking at a $85-90 repair for a .25c part, not to mention you are out ~$15-20 to ship it,

And you can get a new one for $40 and cut off the 3 bar slider. I would probably ask for a discount on the universal gun bearer and be done with it.

This. Look at it from a manufacturer's standpoint - you had a .25c part fail, that will take a $60 repair job and if you pay the shipping to them and they paid to ship back they are looking at a $85-90 repair for a .25c part, not to mention you are out ~$15-20 to ship it,

And you can get a new one for $40 and cut off the 3 bar slider. I would probably ask for a discount on the universal gun bearer and be done with it.
The 3 bar is sewn into the shoulder strap.
That's $69 plus shipping.

Stalker69

WKR
There’s a post on here about a dog eating the pocket out on his EXO pack. He has to pay to ship just the bag back, they are fixing it for 15.00 and covering return shipping. That is the customer service I like to hear. And everyone says how pleasant, quick, and friendly on the phone and emails. These packs are not cheap, and good customer service goes a long ways in bringing more money to the company. I won’t consider Kifaru after reading these.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There’s a post on here about a dog eating the pocket out on his EXO pack. He has to pay to ship just the bag back, they are fixing it for 15.00 and covering return shipping. That is the customer service I like to hear. And everyone says how pleasant, quick, and friendly on the phone and emails. These packs are not cheap, and good customer service goes a long ways in bringing more money to the company. I won’t consider Kifaru after reading these.

Sorry you feel that way but I totally understand where you’re coming from. Our customer service is highly regarded but no one is perfect all of the time. We’ve been doing this for a few decades and have a lot of customers with wonderful experiences. I can understand from this specific thread how you might not see that but it is very important for me that all of our customers walk away happy and feel like they are part of the family. Either way, good luck this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They told me this was normal wear and tear for a 1 season old pack and they would do nothing to replace or repair it.
That something else must be rubbing it.
Even though the hip belt and frame are obviously rubbing through each other.
I'm pretty disappointed as well.

When I sent a follow up email saying this area should be reinforced to prevent wear on the frame and hip belt they ignored me.

I'm not exactly saying my pack is going to blow into pieces. But for how much they brag how tough they are and can't ruin them I didn't expect that wear or the response.

But it does pack weight well.
View attachment 293088View attachment 293089

Please give me a call and I’ll take care of it.

720-937-1418

Give me a call Monday and I’ll sort you out.

Same with anyone else with any issues.

My apologies for the bad experience/inconvenience!

720-937-1418

Boom! Snyder for the win!

@Aron Snyder , my last two orders from Kifaru, in the special instructions, I have specifically asked for an autographed picture of you Shirtless and riding a horse ala Vladimir Putin. I have been denied both times. Can you please look into that, you gatdamn sexual tyrannosaurus 🦖🦖🦖?