Kifaru Grab-It or Cargo Panel on a Duplex Timberline 1

Rackmastr

WKR
Hey Guys,

I'm going to pull the trigger on a Duplex Timberline 1 for a new 'all-around' pack. I've used the 6500 for the past 4-5 years and always been a Mystery Ranch guy. Thinking that the Duplex T1 will do a great job and should be a hell of a pack. Most of my hutning is sheep, goat, elk, deer, etc and I want something that will do everything for my needs. Seems the Duplex T1 fits all my needs.

Thoughts on the Grab-It vs the Cargo Panel? I would want something that stays on the pack for the majority of the time, and can be used for strapping clothing, gear, meat, antlers, etc to help increase packing ability to the pack. The Cargo Panel looks awesome but may be a bit too bulky and heavy. Wondering if the Grab-It has the size/strength to handle that type of work?

Whats the general opinion on the better of the two? I dont see myself using the Cargo Panel on its own with the frame, but always the chance.

Thoughts?

Can't speak from experience because I don't have mine yet, but I have seen some pictures of the grab-it hauling some serious loads, an pronghorn, a moose skull, etc. I went with the grab-it, it is alot lighter and cheaper. I know there is another thread talking about this on here that can help you out.

OP
Rackmastr

Rackmastr

WKR
Perfect!! Thanks guys. What I figured.

Now I need to decide what pockets to order with the pack as well!! Exciting!

swat8888

WKR
Cargo panel looks better if you take the bag off and are using the frame as a meat hauler. I don't see any benefit to adding tha much weight when you already have a bag attached to the frame.

OP
Rackmastr

Rackmastr

WKR
Well......let the waiting begin!!!

Foilage Duplex Frame w/ 26" Composites
Timberline 1 Pack in Foilage
Grab-It
Two Small Waist belt pockets
And a nice hat to go with it all....haha.

I may add some extra pockets to the pack after I see how it performs or what else I feel it 'needs'. This will be my first Kifaru experience other than an older Zulu and a very old Longhunter I owned for a short time but didnt really use much. Excited to see how I like this setup vs a MR6500 and Bighorn that I was using as a combo before.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Rack, if you want to try different sized pockets or the different lids Kifaru offers for that pack before you buy, I have most of them. Just send me a PM if you want to try any of these when you get your pack and I will send them to you.

OP
Rackmastr

Rackmastr

WKR
Rack, if you want to try different sized pockets or the different lids Kifaru offers for that pack before you buy, I have most of them. Just send me a PM if you want to try any of these when you get your pack and I will send them to you.

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

I ended up ordering a Longhunter Lid. Will see how I like it. The pockets are something I'm sure I'll try and decide on once I've got it, so I appreciate that offer.

You headed to Alberta WSF?

OP
Rackmastr

Rackmastr

WKR
Nope, already have other plans. Wrongside said your meeting up with him before heading up, enjoy yourself! I will see him Saturday, maybe he will show off his new pack ;)

Ya you bet! Should be a good weekend to see a bunch of guys and catch up with old friends!

I'll keep in touch and when I get my pack I'll drop you a line about pockets, etc.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the KUIU belt pockets and like them over the Kifaru ones, never really liked the pockets flapping around. The KUIU pockets are cheap as well, I guess it depends on how big you need them though. Something to keep in mind.

IMG_3381.jpg

Have fun this weekend!