Kifaru Cargo Panel, like it?

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How many of you have used the panel? I haven't used it yet, but am hoping to very soon. I like it's form and function, but want to get rid of any learning curve that might be there. Any pictures hauling animals with it?

I don't have it. but plan to in the future. Looks perfect for attaching to my duplex frame (Longhunter frame) and carrying some loads

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I like the concept of the cargo panel but at 2 lbs it is too heavy for me. If they had a 500 D version with less PALs at under 1 lb I'd be all over it. I don't have a need for all the PALs.

JG358

WKR
I like the concept of the cargo panel but at 2 lbs it is too heavy for me. If they had a 500 D version with less PALs at under 1 lb I'd be all over it. I don't have a need for all the PALs.

Hunting cargo panel is right around a pound.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, the weight is with EVERYTHING that comes with it, but you only need about 20% of the actual kit.

You can do a few mods and get it even less than 14 oz, but it will be less than a pound for field use.

Eagle

WKR
I'm glad this thread is here. I got mine last week and I'm a little lost as to what some of the straps are for. Aron, if you ever have the time, and I realize you won't for quite awhile, a video of the different uses for the various straps included would be great.

JG358

WKR
I'm glad this thread is here. I got mine last week and I'm a little lost as to what some of the straps are for. Aron, if you ever have the time, and I realize you won't for quite awhile, a video of the different uses for the various straps included would be great.

They sent a sheet with mine saying what all the straps are for and how to hook them up. I can e-mail you a copy if you didnt get one or they might have them available on their website.

muleman

WKR
I've been wandering if you could easily attach one of these to a Dana Loadmaster frame
Tim

My panel arrives in a couple of weeks. I was planning on testing it on a Dana external frame. I'll take some pictures when I do.

swat8888

WKR
Been eyeing one up for moose hunts, but will probably try to poach a used one, which I realize is nearly impossible. It seems a little overpriced to me, I'd buy at around $75-80 without hesitation.

OP
ScottR_EHJ

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I haven't used mine for meat yet, but likely will here pretty soon. I have used it in experimentation on my pack for the purpose hauling in stuff for camp, and some awkward loads just to get used to it.

It's a pretty good piece of gear.

Yukondog

WKR
I ordered one with my DT1. I used the panel this year for hauling sand bags while hiking. On the opener I rigged it for a car camp hunt. I attached two different pockets to the outside of the panel to hold kill kit, water bladder and snacks for day hunts. I used the grab it to hold clothes has I shed them during the day. I found that there is a ton of different ways to attach the panel. I used 4 different straps to attach to the sides of the frame (which might be to much) and then two for the top. I really like how it worked, though it was a little loose and the extra length of the straps was a touch hard to tuck away. Unfortunately I was not able to use it for it's intended purpose. At the last moment I seconded guessed my range and gave a bull a hair cut over his back.

Next week it will stay at home for my backpack hunt. Might consider leaving it in the truck.

Matt

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone thought of removing the metal bar in the cargo panel to lighten it up?? I attach mine using the snap buckles farther up the panel vs using the slider bar attachment s at the base of the pack frame. Kinda scared to remove it if it is an integral part of the cargo panel.

Anyone thought of removing the metal bar in the cargo panel to lighten it up?? I attach mine using the snap buckles farther up the panel vs using the slider bar attachment s at the base of the pack frame. Kinda scared to remove it if it is an integral part of the cargo panel.

I was not even aware it contained any metal to begin with?? I know the cargo chair has stays in it but as far as a soft compressable panel?? What is it's purpose?

JG358

WKR
I was not even aware it contained any metal to begin with?? I know the cargo chair has stays in it but as far as a soft compressable panel?? What is it's purpose?

Im not sure if it's metal... I'm thinking graphite rod.

I'm pretty sure it's purpose is to make it so nothing slides past the two straps that secure the bottom of the cargo panel to the bottom of the pack and to keep the bottom of the panel square.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Im not sure if it's metal... I'm thinking graphite rod.

I'm pretty sure it's purpose is to make it so nothing slides past the two straps that secure the bottom of the cargo panel to the bottom of the pack and to keep the bottom of the panel square.

Thanks, I'm keeping it as is for now. Adds weight though so I was just wondering.