Kifaru belt won’t stay secure

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Used this pack (got the frame and belt used) all last year with no issues. Midway through a training session this Velcro strap that secures the waist belt comes loose. I put it back and a few outings later it comes off again. Now it’s coming off as soon as I put the pack on. Training weight is 60-70 lbs. am I securing it correctly? It just goes through the grommet and velcros to the back of the pack, right? Or would this be covered under some kind of warranty?

Attachments

• IMG_1825.jpeg
    IMG_1825.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 61

Scotto

WKR
Yes, through the grommet and stick to the back of the frame. I am pretty sure Kifaru will be helpful if you call them.

IMG_0664.JPG

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing something dumb. I’ll call them on Monday.

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Okay, was able to figure out that I was, in fact, doing something dumb. I didn’t have the straps from the belt to the lumbar support tightened, so the weight of the whole pack was riding on those little velcro straps. Once I tightened the belt straps enough to carry the load, the Velcro stays put and it’s like a whole new pack.

I also found out I have a duplex tactical frame, whereas I’ve been thinking this whole time I had the lite version.

Hopefully this post helps someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpeg
    IMG_1849.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 23

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@madtinker, check to see if the bottom of your frame is in the sleeve sewn in the center of your belt. Shouldn't be able to see the frame behind your belt like that. Shoot me an email with pics and I'll help you get it sorted out.

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Took a look. I think I figured out what you mean. Is this right now?

I bought the pack used and took it apart a couple of times. I was guessing a bit when I put it back together. I appreciate everyone’s help!

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 9

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks good tinker, I would try and pull the belt up until it's bottomed out in that sleeve. Should transfer the weight a lot more consistently now. Let me know if you have any other questions.