Kenetrek Mountain Guide NI vs Schnees Timberline or Beartooth

Jakerex

WKR
I bought a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Guide, non-insulated and I’m not sure I’m liking them…..and they’re about a 1/2 size too big. I’m going to sell the Kenetreks and am considering the Schnees timberline or beartooth. Leaning towards the timberline.

Anyway, for those of you who have or have tried both Kenetrek and Schnees, do they fit similar in terms of size? My Kenetreks are a 12D and I could use a 11.5 Kenetrek. My crispi Briksdals are 12 and fit fine. So, do I need a 12 or 11.5 Schnees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried on the Kenetrek and the schnees beartooth. The Kenetrek was stiffer than the schnees by a decent amount, and I know the beartooth is stiffer than the timberline although I have not tried them. I am usually a 10.5 in most shoes and I felt both were too big in 10.5 and too small in a 10. Maybe I am being too picky but neither felt like a slam dunk to my feet. Between the two tho, I liked the beartooth for an all around boot. I didn’t keep either though, but if the beartooth fit me better I would have.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I wear an 11.5" Schnees Timberline and beartooth 200 g. Due to my timberlines leaking and needing to be replaced 3x (great customer service) I looked around and tried on some other brands.

Both the 11.5 kenetrek and 11 fit me. The 11 upper seemed to fit better, but the arch on the insole felt like it was in the wrong place. The footbed on the 11.5 felt better but my food didn't feel as locked in. Similar with the salewa raven 3, which I ended up buying in size 11 to keep on hand as a backup.

The schnees lock my foot in really well while being quite roomy which I like. With the other brands I've found I need the smaller size to get as secure a fit, which isn't as comfortable.

Frost

FNG
You could order both the 11.5 and the 12 to compare fit and send one back. I do that every time I try a new boot. But I would bet you’ll be a 12 in the schnee’s. I’ve had both and I was 11.5 in the kenetrek mountain guides and 12 in the schnee’s granites

I have used both boots the kenetreks for me run true to size I’m a 10.5 and wear a 10.5. The Schnees bear tooth I had to size up to an 11 same with the Crispi gtx and salewa. Hope that helps.

UncleBone

WKR
I have a pair of kenetreks size 12 ME, and have noticed that the larger size has a serious issue with the toe box being too big, and it creating a bad crease under the bottom hardware on the top of my foot. I even saw and felt it on the brand new pairs i looked at at scheels today. It isnt a problem on the smaller sizes, poor design in my opinion. And I have read reports of people having similar issues with the schnees as well. However, I saw someone had said schnees said they had a bad batch or something and fixed the issue, something along those lines. so maybe they put the hardware further down on the bigger pairs after that, im not sure. Im using the warranty on my kenetreks at scheels and swapping for crispis or zamberlans. They seem to have the hardware closer to the end of the toebox on larger sizes, and have a different tongue style that I dont think will be an issue.